• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2011 Weddings

Vows

Has anyone thought about vows yet?  Are you writing your own, doing the traditional vow or a combination of both?
BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Vows

• Doing the traditionsl ones that end with "Tell death do you part."

I am not one for speaking in front of large crowds, especially mostly adults.
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Wait so are there two different types of vows? 

There are vows where the B&G each 'repeat after' the officient one sentence at a time, but then there vows where the officient just rattles a bunch of stuff off and at the end of each, the B&G simply say "I do"

...Do people do both or just one over the other?
    BFP Chart, EDD 4/21/13
    It's a GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

Photobucket

3 babies in Heaven (1 miscarriage in 2006, 2 ectopics in 2012 - EDDs 9/29/12 & 1/29/13)
    one on earth (DS born 10/29/08) and one in my belly. ?

WOOT!!! My TBBFF SweetC80 is KTFU!!!

my read shelf:
    Kari Plautz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • traditional ones. He didn't want to have to have us have to remember anything else or have us staring at a piece of paper lol
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely traditional ones. I'm really bad in speaking in public and I think I'll be a crying mess anyways. I think the easier we make the vows the better!
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure.  I kind of want to read FI this poem I wrote him a while ago, and FI has written me some really beautiful things that I would love to share.  We'll probably do a combination.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • I had a co-worker sign her vows. It was great!

• Wow, I feel like such an odd couple now.  We're writing our own vows and never even considered using the traditional set.  I don't think of it as pressure to write (yet) - I love the idea that we'll be committing personalized things to each other in front of our family and friends.
  • I have never seen "obey" in the vows.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are writing our own and doing kind of traditional ones. He really wanted to write our own so I am letting him. We will probably incorporate some of the tradtional ones too though. Since one of our friends is our officiant I can make her say whatever I want. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:643Discussion:8fe0f787-f530-4b89-b5c2-84d6f228d0b3Post:46d31320-6523-46bc-ac2c-c0902b0bc6d4">Re: Vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never seen "obey" in the vows.
    Posted by JSweetieXO[/QUOTE]

I have been to a couple of weddings that left the "obey" part in and it was almost awkward.  Very old school and I didn't care for it.  It basically says that your wife must obey you and pretty much be submissive.  More along the vows my grandparents or great grandparents made.
  • We are probably just going to be repeating after the reverend. We are both nervous wrecks in front of large crowns. It would be a big ol mess. LOL
    Photobucket
  • We're terrified at the thought of having to write our own because we're both really bad at that kind of thing...
    March Signature Challenge Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards