Wedding Etiquette Forum

Why are you knotting at this time of the night?

So since it is pretty quiet, what's everyone up to?  Any funny happenings recently, psycho co-workers, in-laws, BM?  Discuss.

Re: Why are you knotting at this time of the night?

• I'm knotting because I was sick today and took a late afternoon nap.  So now I'm awake.I have a crazy FFIL.  But I already biitched about him today. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Watching Conan and NOT doing homework when I really should be.
  • I'm kinda strung out from a whole bunch of different areas of my life going nuts at once so I don't feel like attempting to quiet my brain down for sleep yet, which is why I'm here.I also like P&E at this time of night because it can be easier to get a word in edgewise than during the day :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Always up this late!  But not for long- I'm starting a new job next week!  After 6 months of being unemployed.  Wooooo.  Hello again, money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry, Sarah.  I hope you're able to get some sleep.  Sucks when you're tired but you know you'll just lay in bed with your brain buzzing.  A hot shower sometimes helps me wind down enough to fall asleep.

•  We just got back from our friend's house watching the football game.  We had some Jager shots so I have a little buzz. I'm off tomorrow, so I really have no need to go to sleep.As of right now I have not had any good drama to talk about.   Give me a couple of weeks, I should have some good stupid tourist drama to talk about.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Dude, mm and vg, I keep getting confused because you both have that Fall Bride badge in your sigs. 

• Well, it's only 9:20 here. My FSIL had "This trip (meaning our wedding) could not have come at a worse time" on her status today. Really? Then stay the F home. I don't need negativity, especially from someone I'm not super keen on to begin with. And this is coming from someone who wants to hold the week before Christmas hostage for her monstrosity of a wedding next year. Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Congrats on the new job Superhero! I wish I could say the same, I've been unemployed for 5 months. It's a little tough to find a full-time job while going to school. I have to log 30 hours of classroom observation every semester...not too many places will let you out to do this kind of stuff.
  • I'll find some way to calm myself before sleep... thinking about a round of sit-ups and push-ups, which usually works pretty well for me. Sadly, I'm pretty familiar with trying out cures for insomnia.But I think I'll wait for things to quiet down around here a little more first :)
    imageimage
  • Sarah's first statement totally summed up why I am here.  Well, that on top of normal insomnia.
  • Ugh, Brooke, that's super stupid.  I wouldn't mind if she stayed home either!  And the whole week before Christmas?  I don't think so. 

• j&k - fixedsarah - i totally feel you, my brain is running 80 million miles an hour lately
  • Its only 9:23 here. I only got off work at 8. I'm still finishing my dinner.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I've been trying to put together my programs and centerpieces today, so this evening is really the first time I've been able to get on here today.  Plus I can sleep in tomorrow since it's my day off.  Yay!
  • Do people actually sleep more than 5 or 6 hours?  Because I sure don't.
  • Haha, well you didn't have to take it out, I was simply stating my observations.  But I AM less confused.My cat is snoring.  Is that interesting?

• What??!!??  You guys aren't taking the 2 weeks off before Christmas for MY extravaganza???
  • Ugh brookelyn, sounds like your FSIL needs a punch in the face. Nothing like passive aggressive Facebook messages that are posted to her entire list of friends.
    imageimage
  • I pretty consistently sleep 9-10 hours a night when I'm not having a bout of insomnia and I don't need to be up for any reason.  I can't function on less than 7 consistently.  I've always needed a little more sleep.  Unfortunately, I go through a couple weeks when I can't sleep, then a couple weeks where I sleep 10 hours a night to catch up.  It's a vicious cycle.

• mmdpm - I'm normally a 7-9 hour sleeper.  I can go 1-2 days with less any more than that and you do not want to be around me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Snoring cat = hilariousI once heard tell that there are cats who fart, and I think if I ever heard a cat farting in my presence I would die laughing. It would be a good way to go.
    imageimage
  • j&k - it was annoying me anyway too.  And I am trying to figure out how to upload a pic for my siggy anyway.  Cat snoring = normal in my house.
  • Pretty much, Anna. She has these grand visions of everyone going on hay rides and all this other stupid crap. I guess I should just be thankful she's set aside the idea of a Hawaiian destination wedding which would cost us a small fortune and dictate our vacation for the year. I'm so over her, seriously. She's decided that since FI is internet ordained, that he should marry them. Hello! What about what FI's BROTHER wants!? I know FI would rather stand next to FBIL as best man, but neither of them will probably stand up to her. I just think that FBIL should get a say, and I know he won't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • My sleep schedule is pretty close to J&K's, except that on my good weeks it's generally 8-8.5 hours. I also can't go more than a few weeks on less than 7. As for the insomnia, it comes and goes, and it's generally in the form of either inability to stay asleep or dreams that are so vivid that it feels like I haven't slept, or if I'm really lucky a combination of the two.
    imageimage
  • My cat farted a lot when she was a kitten.  Most of the time you didn't hear it though, just smelled it.  And it was rank!mm, use this code <*img src=yoururlhere width=250*> except take out the *s.  You can use any photosharing site for the picture, or tinypic.com.

• I'm fixin' to go to bed.
  • I've smelled and heard my dog fart. She was a really big Chow Chow and snored obscenely loud, like a human. She also slept like a human sprawled across the bed and would push me off.
  • Haha, that sounds like my parents' old dog.  Except she was a springer.  Aw, I miss her :(

• It's only 9:37 and T is in the shower so what else do I have to do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards