Illinois-Chicago

Pin, wrist, or hand-held corsage?

Which are you getting (if any) for your moms, grandmothers, or female ushers? Did you ask which they would prefer, or did you make the decision? My florist recommended hand-held (like a mini bouquet), but I'd never heard of this before so I'm curious if anyone else has used them.
imageimage
BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
EDD Oct. 1image

Re: Pin, wrist, or hand-held corsage?

• Mags04Mags04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had gotten wrist corsages.  My florist recommended that because she said sometimes people do not want to pin anything on their dress.  I haven't heard of a hand held corsage either.  Sounds like it could be a nuisance having to carry a little bouquet around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP 12/31/12 ~ EDD 9/13/13
    BFP Chart
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate pin and wrist corsages. I think they're matronly. I am giving my mom and FMIL tussy-mussies (small hand-bouquet). I think they're classier. My mom told me that she would kill me if I put her in a pin corsage. It's a matter of taste though. I would rather pay a few extra bucks to have something nicer.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    My mom had a tussiemussie (handheld) and MIL had a wrist corsage. MIL ended up taking her wrist corsage off by the end of the night because it was annoying.  I can't remember what we got grandmothers...maybe pin on corsages?
  • edited December 2011
    i had them choose what they wanted. My mom wanted a small bouquet of calla lilies, my FMIL wanted a garden rose pinned onto her dress, and my fiance's stepmom wanted a wrist corsage.
  • edited December 2011
    We asked their preferences.  So, we ended up with a mixture or corsage types.  It looked fine, and honestly, it doesn't matter if they all match.
    Jack

Blog!
  • edited December 2011
    We also checked on their preferences.  The mom's didn't want something on their wrist getting in the way all night and didn't want to carry anything.  I pinned corsage seemed more practical less obtrusive.
  • edited December 2011
    We gave both Mom's and Grandma's wrist corsages... we didn't ask them (we probably should have), but I figured that they wouldn't want something pinned to their dress. I made sure that the corsage wasn't too heavy though so it wouldn't be too annoying.
  • NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We asked our moms and they both agreed corsages are too matronly and hand-helds (or tussie mussies) are too bridal...so they opted for neither.  But we're weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I asked everyone getting one - readers, mothers, grandmothers.  Most of my side wanted wrist and most of his side wanted pin-on.  I didn't know that a hand held was even an option!  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a single flower too.  That seems simple, yet still a nice touch. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 115 Made the cut!
    image 90 Are ready to party and cruise Lake Michigan!
    image 21 Are party poopers and would rather be lame at home!
    image 4 Are actually really making me pissy now
  • lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wrist corsage, my florist did a pearl stretchy band.Here's a linkhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/kristenhenschen/3493627287/in/set-72157617600868594/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input. I love that the Knot makes it so easy to figure out what other brides are doing! I asked our moms and they both said they wanted pins, so I guess that's what I'm doing.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards