Not Engaged Yet

I'm so excited I could pee!!

Those were my FMIL's exact words when I told her I was offered the job I applied for (pending my drug test-fingers crossed, LOL)!!! It is more money, will probably turn into a permanent position, and may be closer to my house (like 1 mile compared to 13). I told FI I could ride my bike and he said "You won't ride a bike to work". Well, I could if I wanted to!

Today is a good Monday.

Re: I'm so excited I could pee!!

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay, that's so exciting! Congrats!

(PS - the bike thing sounds like me & BF)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congratulations!!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    Woohoo! That's awesome, congrats!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats! What will you be doing at your new job?
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I just find that the funniest/weirdest expression of excitement. It starts me on a whole chain of mental wondering about the connection that would have to exist between excitement and peeing. Like, does your FMIL have to get excited in order to pee? Or is it an uncontrollable reaction to a certain level of excitment? 

Anyway. 

Back to you. Congrats! It IS super exciting! Fingers crossed for you, Em. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting! I hope the test results come back quick!
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL that expression is funny as hell. That is awesome news though!! I'm so happy to hear about so much good news on the job front , woohoo !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I would give anything to shorten my 35 minute commute!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-excited-could-pee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9aef2f81-de04-4564-a9af-6eb9c0cbb137Post:5a196c07-b11e-48c4-8add-f3748487b09e">Re: I'm so excited I could pee!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just find that the funniest/weirdest expression of excitement. It starts me on a whole chain of mental wondering about the connection that would have to exist between excitement and peeing. Like, does your FMIL have to get excited in order to pee? Or is it an uncontrollable reaction to a certain level of excitment?  Anyway.  Back to you. Congrats! It IS super exciting! Fingers crossed for you, Em. :)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Uncontrollable reaction. Their youngest poodle had a BIG issue with peeing when she would get excited. When she was younger, you had to completely ignore her until you went outside with her because as soon as you said "HI MANDY" or pet her, she would pee all over. I was the first one she did it for, I iz spechul.

Thanks ladies! They said it could take up to 15 days before I'd even have a start date so I gave my boss a heads up and hopefully I can get a few days off inbetween to vaca with FI. I'll be on probation for 6 months so that means no travelling for a few months.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome news.... congratulations!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this post so hard!!! 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!
    5/27/12
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so fantastic eKath - Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    Great new congrats!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Jeter1028Jeter1028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay - that's awesome news!

I always have to pee when I'm overly excited.  Just FYI.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! As someone who is job hunting, I totally know the thrill of being on the brink of something possibly awesome! Way to go! And I would definitely ride my bike! A mile is nothin'! You can do it!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Woot!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to post and run. It's a general office assistant job. Basically the same thing I've been doing but with a different division and with benefits and better pay.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! The same job with better pay and benefits can make a big difference though. I should know since I just went through something similar with my job transfer. Part time to full time and with double the pay for doing the same thing I did before. Hope you get it! :)
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards