Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Estimate

So My Fiance and I are trying to pull our budget together, but finding it difficult with out a great idea on certain costs.  What is a general estimate on photography?  We'd like 2 people and at least 1 album.  I know like everything there is probably a huge range, but just wondering if anyone can assist with an estimate on a decent photographer.

Re: Estimate

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try your local board for recommendations.  You can spend anywhere from $1K to $10K.  But your local board should be able to give you a better estimate.
  • mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the budget calculator on this site or on weddingchannel.com? (Under tools) I found that to be really helpful. I'm getting married in Tampa, and the only thing I've booked so far is the photographer and the venue. Good photographers seem to be booked quickly- especially the ones that are reasonably priced. I am paying like $2700 for mine but that does not include the album. It does include a disk with the rights on it which you can use to print wherever you want.
  • lana2007lana2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends, it could be even less than 1000. You can find great photography students or young professionals with deals on Craigslist. I would charge 2,000 USD for a wedding in the US, cheap becuase I am more interested in shooting weddings back in the US than just in Chile.

Good luck!

Lana

www.lanarenee.com
    With love from Chile... I blog. Check it out here: www.lanarenee.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards