Ohio-Cleveland

Is there any beautiful reception hall where i can bring in my own catering?

We have found some of the most beautiful places to have our reception but everyone requires their own catering! And if they dont require their own catering the places dont like somewhere that i would want to have my reception.Anyone have any ideas of a beautiful reception site that allows outside catering?? and preferably something that won't cost me an arm and a leg?!

Re: Is there any beautiful reception hall where i can bring in my own catering?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'd venture to guess that you can make a gorgeous reception from pretty much any venue if you put enough work into it. Some may just need more than others. Without knowing your budget, number of guests, location (east/west/south) or what kind of atmosphere you have in mind, here are some to at least research and check out:Cuyahoga County Courthouse downtown ClevelandMiddleburg Hts. Rec. CenterDon Umerley Civic Center in Rocky RiverWomen's Club Pavilion in LakewoodLake Erie Nature & Science Center in Bay VillageGemini Center in Fairview ParkRuby's Hall in GraftonOrchard Hills Party Center in ChesterlandOur Lady of Perpetual Help in AuroraSome of the places that do supply catering services actually do have good food. Don't be afraid to evaluate some of those and TASTE the food before signing any contracts as well. If you're looking for a good deal (AND a nice place), some of those that have caterers will let you bring your own alcohol, like the place we used: Belarusan American Community Center in Strongsville. I thought it was very nice -- huge wooden dance floor, chandeliers, the whole deal. Great value, too, at around $32/pp and BYOB.Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • leahlombardoleahlombardo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Josephat Arts Hall is unbelievable and allows you to bring in your own catering (though I think they ask that you choose from a list of "pre-approved" caterers.)
    Wedding bio (updated 07/07) http://leahnmatt.weebly.com We'll be wed July 3, 2010! imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 182 image Number Attending 96 image Number Declined 18 image Number Not Replied 62 image RSVP Date June 10th
  • meeky912meeky912 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was having the same problem too. I'm in between the Civic Center on Mayfield and a hall that I found on State Rd. When is your wedding? The location and the date is a big factor for receptions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards