Snarky Brides

Tell me what makes you happy

How do you cheer yourself up or snap yourself out of a funk?

Little things, big things, lemme hear it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tell me what makes you happy

• Music, as loud as possible.
    Naps.
    Looking through old pictures/albums.
    Watching a favorite childhood movie.
  • You're being really corny/cheerleader-y today.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:2e4294f5-79b7-48bc-b1a4-7c656c469bf8">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're being really corny/cheerleader-y today.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Guess so. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I had a rough day yesterday but am trying to move past the "when it rains it pours" mentality and make today more productive.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • -Disney movies.
    -Watching/playing with/cuddling with Sir Whisky
    -Hanging out with H, just the 2 of us. Or 3 if Whisky is around
    -Writing
    -Reading, or re-reading one of my favorite books
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:aa37e33a-44aa-4e26-bf78-7eb612150631">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Food.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner.  I look forward to almost every meal. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about second breakfast and the mid-afternoon snack!
  • I have to say after I've had a long, craptastic day at work and once home being greeted at the door by a bouncing lil mini doxie will completely brighten my day.  She is hysterical everytime I walk through the door.  

Chocolate works wonders too.
  • - a nice dinner with H- home or out
    - a hug from H
    - bath and a book

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • someone just lightly scratching my back/touching my hair
    an episode of mindless TV
    my puppy's cuddles
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Talking to FI.
    Making a list of 5 things that I am thankful for.
    Taking a bubble bath.
    Having a glass of wine.
    Praying.
  • Going for a nice, long run.

Getting my hair done.

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Cupcakes.

Puppies.

(Even just thinking about the last two makes me happy.)
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Nachos and really bad movies.

And rum.

And getting fi to rub my feet. He's a sucker, all I have to do is put my feet in his lap and awesome foot rub here we come. I love him!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My wonderful husband
    handguns
    shoes
    purses

mostly in that order
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:e0a31f6d-44f8-4048-b027-9bad74dd55e0">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]PUPPIES!
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my gosh that dog in the swing is adorable</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:2e4294f5-79b7-48bc-b1a4-7c656c469bf8">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're being really corny/cheerleader-y today.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Seriously, Nebb? god forbid someone try to be cheerful.  Not everyone wants to bitch and moan all hours of the day.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:0bfaf52a-cd8e-4535-a5bb-27e3a187a8bb">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : Oh my gosh that dog in the swing is adorable
    Posted by ewhiteman06[/QUOTE]

<div>I stumbled upon that online one day.  I will never be the same.  One day I will get a bulldog pup and will reenact that image :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:b647fc2a-68d3-4d18-97b7-f809b0bef5c4">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : Seriously, Nebb? god forbid someone try to be cheerful.  Not everyone wants to bitch and moan all hours of the day.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

That's really funny.
  • My energietic adorable dog greeting me at the door when I get home from work. No one can be in a bad mood around her, I have had people pull over when they see her and I walking on the sidewalk just to say hi to her. Shes fantastic!

• It wasn't meant to be funny, but if you find humor in it, go for it.

But that's all I'm saying, because this was obviously supposed to be a cheerful thread. And on that note, I kind of love all the random dog pictures.
  • Simon makes me pretty happy (My dog, in my avatar thing)
    Drugs (ones that I'm legally prescribed.  This is probably not the type of answer you were looking for)
    Watching "Shaun of the Dead"
    Certain friends who know exactly how to cheer me up
    Tasty food
    Naps make me really happy
    Buying some new shoes

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Duds! I love the Chai Tea lattes at Starbucks. I had one Saturday while I was getting my pedicure. And that makes me happy Ewhit!

I'm with Steph, I love 90's music.
    Bubble baths, with a glass of wine and a book.
    My husband, may sound corny, but he cracks me up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:fbf9613b-4b11-4956-b2b6-99f5c37ca7da">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]My energietic adorable dog greeting me at the door when I get home from work. No one can be in a bad mood around her, I have had people pull over when they see her and I walking on the sidewalk just to say hi to her. Shes fantastic!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

Your puppy is adorable!
  • An awesome new book
    Fridays
    Cooking a great meal
    Being at home with my H and doggie Finley

• ok, I'll play along with the dog pictures.

Snuggly puppies make me happy. Especially Levi's ears; they always stick straight out like that (or straight up.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:ed1bae12-378e-42a5-a5a4-5988801c4eb2">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, I'll play along with the dog pictures. Snuggly puppies make me happy. Especially Levi's ears; they always stick straight out like that (or straight up.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

They are too cute! Cant wait to have a pup again, but then again I can, does that make sense. Dogs are a lot of work, but I know H misses having a dog.

• This is the latest picture of my Lucy.  I could snuggle with her all fricken day long (and I have before, hehe)
    panther
  • Aww all these puppy pictures are so great :)

And Duds and KD I think you've convinced me to make some chai :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh puppies. I'm sorry, I was totally not a puppy person until I got mine. How can you not love this so serious face? (He hates when I stand in the bathroom getting ready.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards