New York-Long Island

Wedding Venues-North Shore LI

Hi Everyone,

I am recently engaged and my fiance and I are going to start our venue shopping : ).  Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with weddingas at the Woodbury Country Club, Fox Hollow or the North Ritz?

Thank you much Smile

Re: Wedding Venues-North Shore LI

• Jacklyns22Jacklyns22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the fox hollow in a few weeks... So far they've been great... but will have to let you know after how it all went!
  • Laur20Laur20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you just looking in Nassau? I am having mine at the crestwood manor.  I booked pre-renovations (was a little scary as the before was YELLOW) but they just finished and it is beautiful!  Check it out, they have been great to work with so far and really reasonable.
    Anniversary
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a few weddings at Fox Hollow and it is really nice.  I remember the food was good too.  There are also a ton of mansion on the North Shore that do weddings also, not sure if that is an option for you too.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    no-because they all do more than one event at a time.
    we had our reception at the harbor club in huntington. it was fabulous. right on the water, fantastic food, amazing service. perfect.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the input.  We are planning on getting married at St.Edwards in Syosset (where my fiance went to Catholic School) so I was hoping to keep it close by. 

Any recommendations on how to negotiate a good price per person when heading we are at the venue?

Huntington Harbor-where did your guests stay?
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were to be married at the Thatched Cottage on Route 25A in Centerport, but our plans had to be cancelled.  It is a beautiful, upscale venue located on the water along Long Island's north shore.  Check out their web site.  If interested in possibly having your wedding there, we are offering a $3,000 wedding discount at the Cottage as long as you plan to be wed before June 2012.  Don't hesitate to contact me at kvanbell@optonline.net about this great discount, and congratulations!
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in May at the Fox Hollow, they have been great so far, it is beautiful there and the food is soo good! Everyone I know that has been there has nothing but great things to say about it and they are  reasonably  priced. Deff go check them out GL :)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_wedding-venues-north-shore-li?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:f91c01ae-8d88-4a05-b97c-c2cbd3159edbPost:b1281e39-9b98-453f-95f8-01f1d0a2fc5f">Re: Wedding Venues-North Shore LI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the input.  We are planning on getting married at St.Edwards in Syosset (where my fiance went to Catholic School) so I was hoping to keep it close by.  Any recommendations on how to negotiate a good price per person when heading we are at the venue? Huntington Harbor-where did your guests stay?
    Posted by Eveck18[/QUOTE]
    the executive inn at woodbury (free shuttles) and the huntington hilton as some people had point to use. the exec inn is 10 mins, the hilton is maybe 20 wiht traffic. worked perfectly. my church is  in huntington village and syosset is only 10-15 mins from there. that could work out really well.

• smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    getting married at crest hollow in just over two weeks and ahve been nothing short of impressed every time i go or need to talk to someone
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Fox Hollow in April. It's amazing! North Ritz was very over priced in comparison and you get a lot less in the cocktail hour and dinner selections. Fox Hollow Does 2 weddings at a time and the North Ritz only does one but even at the Fox Hollow everything is seperate enough that it is your own day.
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a few weddings at the Fox Hollow and what they said is true, it's made so you really feel like you are at the only wedding going on.  They have a hotel right next door, of course, the Fox Hollow Inn!

Someone mentioned the Thatched Cottage (i think it was actually them posing as a poster) ...it's has a great outdoors and is probably best for a wedding where you can have cocktail hour outside.

If you are getting married in Syosset, have you thought of Oheka Castle? I know they are pricey, but you may be surprised at how much prices have dropped since the economy is worse.

I had my prom at the Woodbury Country Club, so i would stay clear just because of that memory!!!
  • Kriscutie10Kriscutie10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Chateau Briand in Carle place on May 30th 2011 and the same people own the FoxHollow...I know that they are renovating the Fox Hollow, but it is really nice...I know the food is good and they also give you a stay the the fox hollow inn the night of your wedding and the suites are very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you take a look at The Woodlands?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also booked the Fox Hollow for my wedding next August.. I'm so excited!!!! the place is beautiful and the food is awesome.. The best part is that the hotel is right next door.. Every room is a suite, so its perfect for my needs..  Laughing I can not wait..
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked yesterday at the Foxhollow! I have been there for a few weddings over the years including my sisters.

The Foxhollow is not the first place I looked at, I wasn't looking to really booked where my sister had her wedding 5+ years ago.  But, at the request of my parents, who loved every second of my sisters wedding and the staff at the Foxhollow, I just had to check it out.

I also went to the Westbury Manor which I loved! They were so nice and I have been there before and loved the weddings they put on. The only reason I didn't book with them was because the room  felt would be a little tight for the 200+ guests I am anticipating having.

The Foxhollow came in at the best price and treated me really well from the moment I walked in. They are doing some renovations, but I am not going to be in that room and they will be finished up soon. It actually sounded really nice this new room. They are making it in a completely different part of the building so it's further away from the other wedding that could potentially be going on at the same time.

They gave me a free room at the Fox Inn next store and showed me around the hotel, the room was beautiful.

Def check out the Foxhollow and Westbury Manor! They are both beautiful places and they really try to make you feel special from start to finish :)

Two of my girlfriends had their weddings at the Thatched Cottage. Really nice place. Both weddings where when it was cold, so I never got the opportunity to be outside for the cocktail hour, but I bet it is beautiful. I know that they got centerpieces and favors included with their package, which I thought was great!
    Unfortunately for me, the space was too small. I found that a lot of these halls say they can hold 250-300, but it is just too tight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards