Massachusetts-Boston

Alternative to inner envelopes?

Have any of you done your own invitations and not used an inner envelope? How did you specify who was invited? I'll break down and buy them if I have to, but I'm trying to think of an alternative.

Re: Alternative to inner envelopes?

• edited December 2011
    On the RSVP card, you could individually list the people that are invited and they can have a check box next to their name on whether they are coming or not. That is what we are doing!
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't going to use an inner envelope.  We are putting everyone's names on both the outer envelope and RSVP card.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    we used belly bands with the guest names instead - PIB
  • edited December 2011
    we really didn't have a problem with this at all-- and didn't use any of the tactics suggested here.  I will say that an inner envelope can litterally be anything-- a bellyband, an actual envelope, a simple folding of vellum around the invite suite, etc. and I think they add a little 'class' to the invite.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We just addressed the (only) envelope to everyone who was invited - if it was a family, the parents were on the first line, then kids on the second, and then the address. Nobody misunderstood.
  • terrax82terrax82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had pocket invites tied with a circle of ribbon.  To save on the postage of the two envelopes, we did the standard wording on the outer envelope, then inserted a note card (same cardstock as the pocket) inside the ribbon with the "inner envelope" wording listing all the guests.  It looked nice, sort of completed the inner package, and postage came in at 98 cents, I was psyched!
  • edited December 2011
    No inner envelope here.  We're doing a belly band of some sort (either vellum or lace), and typing the guests' names on the RSVP card with a checkbox for "accept" and "regret"
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, these are some great ideas, thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards