Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Daughter dance help.

Hi, my dad sadly passed away this past summer and I'm getting married in July. My dads brother/and my favorite uncle will be walking me down the aisle. I'd like to dance with him at the wedding but i'm having a hard time picking a song..because ts so hard not be able to do just do this with my dad. Any ideas?

Re: Father/Daughter dance help.

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for you loss. I think something that describes your relationship would be best! I have some suggestions in my planning bio under music suggestions! HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a reception where the bride's father passed away. She danced with her husband to "Daddy's Hands", by Holly Dunn.
  • jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about "One more Day" by Diamond Rio and dedicating it to your dad. Sorry for your loss, I have dreamed about sharing this dad with my dad for so long, I could not imagine him not being there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aiwanickiaiwanicki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggetions. I appreciate all of your help.
  • edited December 2011
    My Wish by Rascal Flatts?
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have any suggestions for you...but I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I desperately wished to have my dad walk me down the aisle as well, and he passed away at the end of June this year. My wedding is also next July, and my step-brother will be walking me down the aisle, but I am completely foregoing the "father-daughter" dance part of the reception. I just couldn't imagine the dance with anyone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nyrek,   i'm sorry for ur loss too. I lost my dad in June also. I may not do the dance..not really sure though. It is just a crappy situation. I may just do the walk down the aise too. My father gave his guitar to my closest cousin, so he will be playing a song for me to walk down the aisle too since its my dads guitar and my dad loved music.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are ok with crying, Luther Vandross's Dance with my Father might be perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Linds4241Linds4241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad passed a 15 months ago and I'm getting married in May. My younger brother is walking me down the aisle and we're going to do a brother/sister dance. But I don't want it to be an emotional time for everyone and I don't want people to cry so I'm actually getting a coreographer (sp?) to come up with a fun, cheesy dance to make people laugh. I don't want my dad to be remembered w/ tears at my wedding... I want people to laugh at the goofy children he raised.Good luck and I'm so sorry for your loss! 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI lost his mom a little over a year ago, and I lost my grandmother who was very dear to me a couple of years back.  In honor of just his mother, we're planning on making a donation to the MD Association in place of favors, since she suffered from MD a good portion of her life, we're also thinking of doing a photo slideshow type of thing with both his mom and my grandmother in it so that we can really honor them.Those are just some ideas of what we're doing.  A lot of the suggestions above are really good in term of just songs.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas! I'm not going to do a specific father/daughter type dance with my uncle. just becasue I don't want to do a dance like that just to do it. I love my uncle but it would have clearly been different with my dad. My FI and I are going to create a memory table for my dad. We are each going to write a letter to my dad and frame it, and also have a picture of the 3 of us. I also think with my letter, I am going to type out the lyrics to the song that my dad and I had planned on dancing too. Daddys little girl by Tim McGraw!But again i will dance with my uncle but i'm not going to make it a big spotlight thing..i'll have other people on the dance floor at the same time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards