Kentucky

Reception Venues Near Duncan Memorial

My best friend just got engaged and I'm trying to help her locate different options for reception venues that are not too far from Duncan Memorial Chappel, but the choices seem to be very limited.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Re: Reception Venues Near Duncan Memorial

• edited December 2011
    Yew Dell Gardens and The Kavanaugh Center are both right there.  And the Oldham County Arts Center may rent out their facility.  Also--the Aquatic Center over in Buckner is another option.
  • edited December 2011
    How about Lake Forest Country Club? Persimmon Ridge Country Club?
  • edited December 2011
    The places that were previously mentioned are the only places I can think of for a reception out there.  One thing for your friend to consider is that Oldham Co is a dry county so if she planned to have alcohol at the reception she'll need to look in Jefferson Co.  Lake Forrest and Persimmon Ridge are nice but expensive.  Also, I believe at Yew Dell Gardens you have to be a member and have been told the membership alone is really expensive and then you still have to pay for the reception area.  We are having our reception at EP Tom Sawyer, they just built a new community center on the back side of the park that opened in April.  It would probably take about 10-15 minutes to get there from Duncan Memorial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards