North Carolina-Outer Banks

has anyone created a map for their invitations?

i was thinking about putting a map on the accommodations card that's going in my invitation. just to give people an idea of distance for each of the hotels. has anyone done this before? if so, how did you create the map? i'm on google maps right now doing one but i'm thinking there are better programs out there....thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: has anyone created a map for their invitations?

• robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check on your hotel's websites.  usually they have their own maps, usually on a pdf file.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    heres my invite suite with the directions card/map: http://mtrlmusings.blogspot.com/2009/07/invitations-check.html I took a very graphic map (i google imaged "outer banks" and "map") and printed it out. Then I taped it to a window & traced over w/ a pen. Scanned it into photoshop, aligned it properly, did a "color select" and then changed the ink to the proper color. For the icons, I either drew them (inn @ corolla light, corolla chapel, currituck club) or I took an icon from their website (sanderling, hampton inn) and altered appropriately. I also had a separate accomodations card Let me know if you have any other questions! I hope this helps
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoops, the link shouldn't have a in it: for some reason I can't post the link without it having the in it-- the previous post's address is right, just remove the when typing it into your browser. Sorry about that!
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info, that's exactly the type of map i'm thinking of. Now I just need to find a friend who is more artistic than I am. :) Love the pics on your blog, btw.and thanks, robyn. maybe one of the inn's has a good one for me to start off wtih.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards