South Asian Weddings

I'm back & pics!

Hey everyone! We got back from Portugal last night (awesome, awesome place, highly recommend it for your honeymoon, let me know if you want to hear more!). The wedding and reception were awesome, we had so much fun, and not too many problems (that I noticed anyway, my mom told me yesterday about a bunch of stuff that only she would notice!). I'll put vendor reviews and such in my bio sometime soon, but if any of you DC brides need recommendations in the meantime, please let me know (my username at yahoo.com). Anyway...my photographers put up some pictures on their blog and I just had to share because I think they did an amazing job: http://jenniferbrooksphoto.squarespace.com/journal/2009/10/8/anita-zack-married.html

Re: I'm back & pics!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome back!  The photos are awesome.  You guys look great :)
  • edited December 2011
    the pics are great! you girls who did a first look were so smart...what great shots!! loved the staircase too...you guys looked wonderful congrats!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures!!  Congrats and welcome back!
  • edited December 2011
    these are beautiful.  I love all the fabric draped on the mandap.  A honeymoon in Portugal sounds wonderful, you are giving me new ideas . . . !
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back Mrs! Portugal is a beatiful country-great hm pick! Love the shoes and the first look pic is great! I always enjoy reading non SA photographers blogs about indian weddings. Cnngrats again!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!  Absolutely adorable first look photo and your husband looks so charmed by you.  When Katie gets back from her honeymoon, we should try to do another DC gtg!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  D2M - I'd love to have another DC GTG, I was so sad that I missed the last one, I was really looking forward to meeting you all!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah me too!!  Let's do another GTG!!  I get back Sunday.  Deux the pics don't seem to load on this slow connection but can't wait to see them when I get home!  CONGRATS!!PS Happy Diwali, everybody who celebrates Diwali!!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh love your mandap too!!  big fan of the not 1 million colors look.  the white and red are so elegant.  and I LOVE the pic of you and your husband seeing each other pre ceremony/laughing.  full of love  :)  if you don't mind me asking, where was the wedding?  can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Katie!  We got married at the Doubletree in Bethesda - the ballroom without decoration isn't too much to look at, but the decorator did a fantastic job and the hotel itself is decorated really well (I LOVED that staircase!).  I loved your pictures, too, by the way, you looked beautiful - I think we had very similar sankheda style mandaps, by the way!
  • SmithaandMikeSmithaandMike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh I just got married also and I think I wore almost the same sari! lol! pics look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards