• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Massachusetts-Boston

Bands: DC Project vs. Guilty Pleasure

We are trying to decide between bands for the reception: DC Project and Guilty PleasureAre either of these bands good?

Re: Bands: DC Project vs. Guilty Pleasure

• edited December 2011
    I saw DC project over the summer at a Wedding Band Showcase held at the Purple Shamrock. It was held by Best Bands, who is the company that manages them and there were 4 or 5 bands that played. Besides DC Project two of the other bands I remember were Plaid Daddy and Modern Manners - both of who were great. I personally did not like DC Project - the group members were outgoing and got the crowd going, but they did not sound great. They definitely were all talented, but sounded "off" on all their songs. It could have just been that night, so it may be helpful for you to see them too. If you email Best Bands they will send you the info about their monthly showcases so you can attend one and hear some of the bands. We ended up going with a different band that wasn't at the showcase, and that isn't represented by Best Bands, but it was really helpful to go and see 4 or 5 bands in 3 hours and get an idea of what we liked/didn't like. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I appreciate it. If you dont mind, which band did you go with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards