African American Weddings

RSVP tips!

So I think we've all faced utter annoyance at this stage of planning. Some advice to you gals when sending yours out! Feel free to add to my list!

1) Have multiple RSVP options. This maximizes return rates. 

2) Decide early on if you will accept phone/text RSVPs

3) NUMBER/Code each RSVP card!!! I recieved many where people just tore off the card and sent it back without filling in their names. We wrote each persons last name on the back of the card really tiny. Thank goodness for that

4) Make it clear how many people are invited and be prepared for ppl to ignore that

5) A lot of ppl did not check accept or decline so we had to call them

6) decide on your plus one policy and stick to your guns
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: RSVP tips!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b83299cd-01d3-47cb-a8a6-0dbfc97eb644Post:e9d71d71-cfaf-4bdc-9a3e-9eeb328ca54b">RSVP tips!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I think we've all faced utter annoyance at this stage of planning. Some advice to you gals when sending yours out! Feel free to add to my list! 1) Have multiple RSVP options. This maximizes return rates.  2) Decide early on if you will accept phone/text RSVPs 
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for this, lady! What were your RSVP options? Also, this has me thinking, I just I should put  "To RSVP, leave a voicemail" rather than "Call to RSVP", due ot the text issue. 

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • My options were online or via mail, i decided against the google voicemail but now i THINK i shouldve done it
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • If you are dealing with someone that is "suspect" lol write their name in the RSVP card. Save them and yourself the confusion.
    imageAnniversary
  • We accepted responses via Google Voice and TK website only.  Plan for less responses than you receive.  We had about 30 people who did not show up, even though they told us they would be there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards