African American Weddings

Forgive me ladies

I have been MIA for a while, but you all are in my thoughts...My job called me out and blocked me from getting on the knot and by the time I get home and finish last minute things, I am too pooped to log on. I had to take a moment this morning to wave hi and bring you up to speed on things.

My bridal shower was last Saturday and the weather was great-77 degrees. I had a kentucky derby theme and about 35 women showed up in big hats, pretty dresses and great shoes. We sipped mint juleps & another bourbon concoction, along with salads, sandwiches and a great cake. We played fun games and I got some amazing gifts.

I am now 2 weeks away from the wedding, so pray for me sisters. Everything is paid for, now just doing last minute stuff which I happily handed over to my planner at the shower. I'm coasting....

Re: Forgive me ladies

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad your shower went well - I love the idea of a Kentucky Derby theme!  Good luck, you're almost there! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Good Luck!!!! Have fun its all about you TWO !!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    So glad that you had a great shower. Two weeks to go. It must feel so amazing to be so close.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Kentucky derby theme too!  Where was my invite I have big hats :( Haha Well I'm glad it went well.  I wish you good luck, good weather, and a good time.  I'm right behind you!
  • MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DST, hey lady! Im so mad they blocked you at work! Let them know TheKnot is a part of the job lol j/j  I'm glad to see things are well! 2 weeks of my word time has flown by so fast. Everything is paid! YOU GO GIRL
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • edited December 2011
    I feel in love when you said mint julep.......mmmm. Glad you had fun

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad your shower went well.  Woohoo, 2 more weeks!!!!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Great shower theme - glad you had a great time.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like your shower was a bug hit, soror.  I like the theme, very classic.  You're almost there...good wishes going your way for a great day!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!!! Your day will be here before you know it! I so adore the shower theme!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Yaaaaayyyyy you are almost there. Girl just sit back and enjoy the ride!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Your shower theme was fab!!  Glad you had a good time.  Two weeks?!?!  YAYYYY!!!!  Continue to enjoy the rest of the journey and make sure you post pics afterwards!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, thanks for your well wishes...Yes, everyone loved the Kentucky Derby theme, and it was a huge hit!! My black love/movie/theatre themed wedding is all in place. Met with the venue yesterday for a last minute huddle and I'm pleased with everything.

The lighting/stage guy is doing the stage lighting for free as he's never had a wedding on "his set", so he's designing our gobos and advised my FI to wear a little powder to deal with the bright stage lights...You ladies shoulda seen his reaction, LOL!!
    Our food is confirmed, popcorn bar is designed, jamaican rum punch ready for cocktail hour, and DJ is good to go!! I just need to relax which is hard for me, but I'm going to try....Stay tuned...
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back lady.   Don't worry because you are in good company.  I have been a lurker much myself lately due to work demands, but I know that my incredible AAW ladies are very understanding.

Now to the business of fabulousity . . . Congratulations on your awesome bridal shower.  Enjoy the rest of journey to the aisle . . . for the best is yet to come!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards