Connecticut

Dress Alterations

How far in advance should you go in for your first fitting?  I'm trying to figure my timetables out now. lol.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dress Alterations

• edited December 2011
    my wedding is novemeber and they told me first fitting in August...then September...then October if needed?

Not sure if that's the "normal time table" but what i'm going with....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    REALLY?! Ummm... hopefully someone else will respond because for some reason I had a broad timetable of 4-6 weeks before.  Maybe I'm totally off though.  That's a huge amount of time before... what if you lose/gain weight? A lot can happen in 4 months!  If that's right though, then I better get a move on it!  I'm at 3 months!
  • edited December 2011
    I was told April for my first fitting, with the wedding in August...but it seems early to me, too. The dress needs to be shortened, but I'm hoping to lose some weight, too.
    But don't worry about it too much, because as long as you go about 6 weeks ahead of time they should be able to do alterations in plenty of time. You'll still need to have the final fitting about a week before in case of last minute changes. :]
    Anniversary
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for my january 2nd wedding, I had my first fitting October 20th, and my second and final fitting november 21st... this is what the bridal shop suggested, so I went with it. Having my last fitting over a month before the wedding really motivated me to keep my eating habits in check!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm going for my first fitting in March and my wedding is in June

• edited December 2011
    K.. yea, I'm gonna get a move on it then. lol!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it reallllly depends on the tailor.  i handed my dress over about 8 weeks before my wedding, and i did 2 fittings in between the first and the day-of.  granted, i picked my dress up like 2 days before my wedding, but i knew my tailor is an expert in last minute fixes, so i wasn't too worried about it being that close...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards