Kentucky-Louisville

out of town bags

What are some Louisville specific things that I could include in an Out of Town bag?I want it to include things that are unique to Louisville but I'm having a hard time. Especially since I live in Indianapolis now :)Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: out of town bags

• KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrs.Wildcat would be a good person to talk to. I think she hangs out over on the nest KY board now. I would say KFC buckets with bourbon balls, Ale 8 One, Maker's Mark mini bottles or BBQ sauce, Blue Mondays, Kizito Cookies, chocolate horseshoes, Louisville Slugger mini bats, Louisville Stoneware mugs, anything related to horses, fleur de lis.... Actually, check out atasteofkentucky.com for ideas.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • SomethinBluSomethinBlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didnt do just louisville We have chocolate oreas with horses and horseshoes on them Ale 8 A horseshoe We got "talk derby to me cups" a louisville derby t-shirt Derby Pie Then we bought some salty and sweet snacks, bottled water, and a ring pop. We had them in a kentucky chicken bucket. You can also try small bottles of KY bourbon Bourbon Balls and Modjeska candies.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should be able to check the Kentucky Proud website for Kentucky made goods & the farms/artisans that produce them.  There are TONS of things.  If you make it here, Liquor Barn has a pretty solid selection of food items produced in KY. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards