Moms and Maids

A triple DD?

Boy, that's annoying.  A lot of people tried to give Kat good advice about why her mom wasn't supporting her wedding.She'd been married for less than 2 years, started dating another guy (current FI) while still married to husband #1, had a child relatively quickly and long before marriage to current FI, and unloaded to her family about all the "bad crap" her FI has done over the years.When we all try to explain that her history of poor decisions doesn't bode well and explains her mom's reluctance to jump on the bandwagon, she takes THREE different threads and goes home?Sheesh.
"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146

Re: A triple DD?

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoever called her out as being defensive was right.  She was so busy defending her actions and her FI to everyone that she didn't consider why she had to constantly defend them.
  • edited December 2011
    She deleted her threads? Say anything as closing speech or something like that? Maybe a rant instead?Just what did she think was going to happen? If you as ask a bunch of total stranegers for advice, you can't except them to gert up and cheer. Even worse, she asked the moms.I told her she was either being defensive or have a virtural shooting the messenger. I hope she thinks this thru and realizes a least a little bit of what we alol told her. Doubt it though.How are you today?
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I called her defensive.  My bad.  I just get sick of it because we had a woman on the Second Wedding board do almost exactly the same thing, except  there was MAJOR drama after she attacked me.  One woman came to her defense, everyone else jumped on her.  Oh, it was fun.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    If they don't really want opinions, why put it out there not once, but 3 times?
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the one on the SW board continues to call me out.  Look at "Argh! Another one!" (I'm the OP) and she's continuing to try to drag me into it with her.  She deleted all her original posts, too where she described a similar situation as Kat, and then got defensive when almost everyone on the board said she should WAIT to plan her wedding until she's officially divorced.  My stars.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    That one got upset? The divorce one? Give me a break. Did she TRULY expect anything different? If she did, then....we're going into a whole bunch of things I could say but they're mean
  • edited December 2011
    handfast, thank you for your post about religion and tolerance. I used to work in a call center (laid off) and heard that at the end of a lot of calls. Unfortunately can't say anything to customers but thought it was hilarious that more of the "blessed" comments came from the people who cursed out me, my family, "I know where you are", "I want the CEO" and the curses were beyond nasty. I was amazed. And I was VERY good at bringing people down to the point they'd apologize to me. Not those callers though.Nobody wants to hear the answers they don't want. But then, why post them for all the world to see?
    edited December 2011
    Thanks CK, yes, the one on SW who isn't divorced yet and has 2 kids by another gentleman.  She doesn't get it.  When I said she doesn't need to apologize to me, I meant it.  And I'm not going to go over there and accept her apology to relieve her guilt.  A lot of people on that board (several of us e-mail one another privately) were really upset about what she caused, and truthfully, she has a lot to learn. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards