Virginia-Richmond

Is 8:30 to late for seated dinner?

My FI and I are looking at having our ceremony and reception in two different locations.  The distance between the two are 3 miles apart.  We are wondering if 8:30 is to late to start eating dinner.  Here is a potential timeline:

6:00-6:30 ceremony
6:45-7:45 cocktail hour
7:45-8:15 first dance/bridal party intro
8:30-start serving dinner

Thanks for the help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is 8:30 to late for seated dinner?

• edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Are you completely set on having your ceremony at 6pm? Even just moving everything up an hour would be preferable to eating dinner at 8:30pm.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_830-late-seated-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:7bce005a-8578-44a2-84e4-406276d29288Post:65d5de18-d755-476f-a9e8-a544ef04c2a7">Re: Is 8:30 to late for seated dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto PP. Are you completely set on having your ceremony at 6pm? Even just moving everything up an hour would be preferable to eating dinner at 8:30pm.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

THIS!

and Waltz.....GOOOOOO VCU!!!!  RIC was crazy here last night....students and alumni flooded the streets of RIC with a parade and welcomed home the team last night at midnight.  The FI and I are planning on going downtown Sat night to watch the Final Four....I still cant believe it!

And UNC...sniffle sniffle :(

• edited December 2011
    My coworker was out in all the madness and at the Seigel Center, and he's in his 40s! He had to leave early to go home and take a nap. I still can't believe we made the Final Four, I was almost sick to my stomach watching the game. Good luck going downtown to watch! I'll be in the safety of my west end home.

Cfas, that's crazy. I hope your sister is okay, I hear that stuff is really bad.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards