Georgia-Atlanta

Knottie of the Week - ehampto

We're excited to learn more about you...please share!

Names of the couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Knottie of the Week - ehampto

• edited December 2011
    Where oh where is ehampto??
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    OOOMMMGGGG Ladies, I'm so sorry. I haven't been able to get on The Knot all week, been so busy since my wedding is only 43 Days away. So let's get down to business.....

Names of the couple?
    Dominique Hampton and Van Johnson Jr.

Wedding Date?
    July 17, 2010 (Oh my god it's only 43 days left!!!) We will be getting married in my hometown of Columbus, OH.

How old are you? Your FI?
    I'm 25 and my FI is 26

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?
    Both me and my FI are educators. My FI is also a High School football coach. My dream occupation would probably be a lawyer or school principal. My FI's dream job is to be a college head football coach.

How long have you been dating?
    FI and I have been together for almost 6 years.

Where did the you meet?
    We met my freshman and his sophmore year of college. We are what you would call college sweethearts.

What was your first impression of your FI?
    My first impression of my FI was that he was this country guy from Atlanta and why was he trying to hit on me. LOL, I"m from Ohio and He's from Georgia.

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?
    The most exciting thing about wedding planning so far is finding my wedding dress. When I put it on, I knew it was the one. The one I would marry my best friend in.

Any wedding-related challenges yet?
    The wedding challenges that I have experienced thus far is some of the bridal party backing out at the last minute. Just changed the ring bearer last week (ugh yea the wedding is in July). Ushers just realizing that their family reunion is in July too. Crazy huh???

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!
    I have gotten my dream dress. The stock picture doesn't do it any justice so I won't post it. It is fitted with rouching. It has a sweetheart neckline with a rhinestone brooch. Now I have customized the dress and added some things that I wanted to make it unique. I added a rhinestone belt and also got the sweetheart neckline taken down some, so it's deeper.

Any favorite vendors yet?
    My favorite vendor thus far is my florist. She is the best, she is so creative and unique. Since I knew nothng about flowers before meeting her, she knows that I wanted something different, funky, glam and chic. She has helped me incorporate all my ideas. I luv her!!!

Colors or theme?
    My colors are raspberry, plum and silver.  With lots of feathers and crystals. Our theme is very glamourous and chic.

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?
    1. Making sure my FI and I have the time of our lives on our wedding day.
    2. Paying off all the vendors and having everything decor wise that I want.
    3. All of our guests have a wonderful experience

Any children yet or furbabies?
    Yes we have a beautiful 4 year old baby girl. She is very opinionated and a diva in training. Daddy has his hands full during teen years. LOL

Kids at wedding?
    WELL....this is very interesting. On our wedding website and our invitations, we have stated that this will be an adult reception. So that means we prefer only adults right??? Well nope, why have I gotten RSVP's with children that aren't in the wedding party. UGH....

Where are you honeymooning?
    We are going to Couples Tower Isle in Ochos Rios, Jamaica......so excited.

Favorite book?
    Addicted by Zane

Favorite movie?
    Best Man, Sex and the City 1 and 2

Favorite tv show?
    Criminal Minds, Law and Order SVU, and almost any reality tv-show

Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Pinina Torna (lol, ok in my budget) probably my wedding dress designer Mori Lee or Maggie

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    I wish I could have a band. We are going with a DJ, but I would love to have a band play some live music.

Ok Ladies, hopefully I have been able to give you a little insight into my life and our wedding. I am so excited to marry my best friend and can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing, Dominique! Your wedding dress and colors sound really pretty. Is your daughter going to be your flower girl? You said that she's a diva...did she have any input in her dress for the wedding?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Eagles, my daughter is actually going to be the Junior Bride. Yes we went and tried on dresses and she let me know which ones she liked and didn't like. Yea, my wedding is fastly approaching and I can't wait to see my vision come to life. Cuz FI is no help. lol
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to have a band too. Well, more like a orchestra...something with WAY to many people in it. Hahaha!
    Glad you made it to this post :)
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards