Florida-North Florida

Tallahassee Brides?

Hi just wanted to see if there are any Tallahassee brides on this board. I live in Tally but we are getting married in Miami (back home). Is everyone else getting married in Tally? 

Re: Tallahassee Brides?

• I'm in Tally!  But I'm getting married in St. Augustine, its kind of destination for us since all of our family is all over the place and everyone would have to travel any way :)
  • JessR07JessR07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks awesome congrats! How are you handling the long-distance planning?
  • I got married in Tallahassee.
  • The long distance planning has been very interesting. My FI one sister leaves in Ponte Vedra, so for a couple months I was making a one weekend trip a month to visit her and her kids, but I've been doing a lot over the phone and email - which has worked well until about this time with florists, I've contacted so many it seems and they all just dont respond very well to non local brides.

Are you having family helping you plan with the long distance?
  • JessR07JessR07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Luckily my mom still lives in Miami so she has been doing a lot of the leg work. And I go down as often as I can which is about every 2-3 months to look at venues and narrow things down. Thankfully we have about a yr and a half until the big day. That's awful to hear that the florists in that area are being difficult, hopefully you can find one soon that doesn't mind the long distance communication. Perhaps they'll be more receptive when you have your first meeting. Good luck!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm just 40 minutes north of Tallahassee in Bainbridge, Ga. Well technically I now live in Thomasville, Ga which is 30 min northeast of Tally, but I am originally from and getting married in Bainbridge. My fiance is from Miami, but lives in Tally as he just graduated from FSU.

Nice to see some Tally people on here! :) And good luck to all in planning mode!

Also, I'm not sure why under my profile picture it has Savannah... I'm on the other side of the state... I guess it only recognizes Savannah and Atlanta as the only big cities in Georgia??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_tallahassee-brides-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:da9fd869-eb54-4071-9d9b-877b0d16a063Post:fb22f35a-38de-4603-9105-7d18c47c1f5f">Tallahassee Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi just wanted to see if there are any Tallahassee brides on this board. I live in Tally but we are getting married in Miami (back home). Is everyone else getting married in Tally? 
    Posted by JessR07[/QUOTE]

<div>It wont let me private message you. :( Does this work?!!!</div>
  • I am also getting married in Tallahassee! I am from Tally and my fiance is from Live Oak.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards