Gothic Weddings

Tonight's Topic: Menu

I don't remember if we did this already but here go. Show off your menus here!

Re: Tonight's Topic: Menu

• Can't show it, but will tell it!!Beef Tenderloin, Chicken Marsala, and some crab, cheese, and pasta thing.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well since we are having a late ceremony we are doing mainly finger foods. Baked Ham Roast Turkey Veggie Tray Fruit Tray Deviled Eggs Rolls Chips and Guacamole/Salsa/Dips Cheese and Crackers Wedding Cake which is one layer of Pumpkin with Vanilla icing and one of Apple with Cream Cheese icing Various Cupcakes. Wine Cider
    Photobucket
  • Your cake sounds good. I have been craving pumpkin everything. I hope it's just the season since I usually hate pumpkin : /
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are doing:- bbq baby back ribs- grilled chicken- cucumber tomato salad- vegetarian baked beans- red bliss potato salad- black bean garden burger (for our vegetarian guests)- hearth baked rolls- red velvet cupcakesI'm drolling reading this. I can't wait it eat it next weekend! 6 days!
  • Fruit Cup with Toasted Almonds Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette Beef Tenderloin, Mediterranean Chicken, or Vegetarian option Roasted Potatoes Zucchini and Squash Medleyand for dessert...White Mousse Wedding Cake- Orange and Amaretto layers, drizzled with chocolate ganache.  We skipped any kind of filling because the cake was so delicious. 
  • And apparently this early in the day I don't know how to spell drooling. Der.
  • Our menu so far is:Spinach artichoke dip, sliced veggies and fruit, crackers with cream cheese and pepper jellySalad with greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, carrots, goat cheese, candied pecans, apples, and dijon dressingpulled pork with fixings to make pernil OR bbq sandwicheschicken tetrizzini that's all we've settled on so far. I may make chicken skewers with dipping sauces, potato salad, baked beans... not sure yet.
  • Oh, and for drinks, since we can't have alcohol (both sides of the family have alcoholics, plus the place won't allow it) we're doing a ton of options. Sodas, including coke, cheerwine, gingerale, sprite, mountain dew, dr. pepper, Malta, water, coffee, tea (iced and hot), hot cider, frappuccinos (my favorite aunt is addicted to those), yoohoo and a special drink TBD.
  • Apps: Veggie Spring Rolls, Bacon wrapped Water Chestnuts and Peanut Chicken Skewers. Main: Mongolian BBQ w/ warm pocket bread and noodles Dessert: Apple Spice, Pumpkin Caramel, Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes Drinks: Soda, Ice Tea, Coffee, Hot Tea, Hot Mulled Cider, Wine and Beer (Shiner Bock and Blue Moon...) I cannot wait. I am so anal retentive about food, that I obsessed over this menu for SO long...I hope it is worth it...13 days until I find out...
    "I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • To go with the Irish theme: Shepherd's Pie (beef), Bangers (Irish Sausages), Guinness Meatballs, Irish Club Sandwich, Irish Red Cabbage Slaw, Colcannon, Spring Mix Salad, Cheese & Ale Spread, Irish Cheeses and veggie tray. Drinks: soda, vodka, rum & bourbon with mixers, and signature Black & Tan with Guinness and Bass Ale. Centerpiece cakes and a dessert buffet with white and milk chocolate fountains and fresh fruit.
  • Fuzio's Firecracker Pork Fusilli and Rigatoni Alfuzio, with salad. Cake, Red Velvet and Buttercream. Favors: Jack Skellington Carmel Apples curteousy Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
  • Cocktail Hour:  Various appetizers such as eggplant rollantini, baked clams etc.  Featuring a crepe station & an Italian table with fresh meats & cheeses. Reception:  Salad & Choice of Pasta (penne with tomato sauce or bow-tie pasta with sausage & broccoli rabe). Dinner Choices:  Prime Rib, Stuffed Pork Chops, Turkey Dinner, Shrimp Orreganata, Duck L'Orange, & a vegan choice of Grilled Mixed Vegetables. Dessert:  Individual plated desserts of a chocolate cornocupia filled with berries & cream.  Pastries & Cookies on each table also. Wedding Cake:  Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards