Georgia-Atlanta

5 days from wedding. Any tips/advice?

We're 5 days from the wedding. Any tips/advice?PS. Weather is forecasting rain on our day :( So keep your fingers crossed that it will change!

Re: 5 days from wedding. Any tips/advice?

• daisy044daisy044 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will go by fast so just have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Stay with your hubby... mine kept getting pulled away. Have Fun Eat (my food was cold .. I wish I had made someone bring me more food)   Good Luck!!!
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old woman here.  Married twice.  And had 2 ceremonies with current DH.  (We had a non-legal handfasting for our first ceremony, then were legally married a year later).  Anyway, my only suggestion and piece of advice is to make sure that directly after the ceremony, you get to spend 5 minutes alone with your new DH.  There were a couple of things I wanted to say to mine right after our handfasting, and we couldn't, there was no alone time for us.  So, after the legal ceremony, we took a few minutes to walk down the beach, and it was the best 5 minutes!  The photographer took some pics from waaaaaay far away, and they're among my favorites.  Best wishes to you!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    Get a few mins alone with your new hubby after the ceremony and just relax and enjoy the wedding! Let your MOH and best man cover any problems and make sure they never let you know!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just enjoy it! it goes by sooooo fast!
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy every moment! And, if you are an "Office" watcher - take lots of mental pics. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hrm, my advice:1. Give a trusted family member or friend your personal digital camera to take pictures at the wedding.  Make sure you get it back before you leave for the HM if you're going.  That way when you and DH get to the hotel room or on the plane you can look at pictures from your day - will help piece it together, because it does go fast!2. I second (or third) those moments with your hubby after the ceremony - was great to absorb the moment by ourselves.3. Stick together - it's true, you'll get pulled in all kinds of directions.  My hubby ended up visiting with family/friends while I was on the dance floor.  He's not much of a dancer, so I think he was okay with that.4. If you don't have a videographer and speeches will take place before the toasts/cake cutting - ask friend (from #1) to record them on the digital camera so you can relive it.  We didn't do a videographer and don't have the speeches captured (though I have my MOH's written draft - she gave it to me).Best wishes to you - I'll keep my fingers crossed for no rain on your big day.
  • NorsesianNorsesian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in Atlanta on Oct. 10th (completely outdoor wedding), and it "misted" on our wedding day, the rain COMPLETELY stopped when my dad and I went to walk down the isle. I still have guests talking about how beautiful it was with the rain, plus I do believe its good luck... Advice: Take a breath and take it all in. I agree, step back with your new husband and admire the scene of all your friends and family in the same room at the same time, for you. It's the most amazing thing. The day completely flies by so truly live in the moment.
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy every moment! Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards