Wedding Etiquette Forum

Something old, new??

Is anyone doing the old, new, borrowed, blue?What are you using to meet the specs?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Something old, new??

• And a sixpence in your shoe.
  • I did...though more just because it worked out that way than that I went seeking things out... old-my veil, made from my mom's debutante dress from the 70s new-my dress and shoes borrowed-my mom's pearl necklace and earrings blue-undies
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I want to - just b/c it feels like a special bride-y kinda thing to do.I'm thinking aqua blue toenails.  I've got lots of new.  Not sure yet about old and borrowed, but I'll talk to my mom about it over Thanksgiving.
  • Old--mom's diamond earrings New--wedding dress Borrowed--my grandmother's handkerchiefBlue--cute thong :)Didn't do the sixpence though.
  • Old:  my grandparent's cake topper from the 40sNew:  everything almost hahaBorrowed:  I think I might take a bit of my mom's dress and use it has my floral wrap  Blue:  my eyes (yeah....)
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Old and blue: an aquamarine ring passed down from my grandmotherNew: a bracelet from my momBorrowed: I forgot about this one so I borrowed a bobby pin from one of my bridesmaids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Old: I had items of remembrance from each of my grandparents and my great aunt. I also had my (now) DH's mother's mothers' ring. All were in/on my bouquet. (All were deceased, except my grandmothers - they sent theirs for "luck"). The mother's ring would also fit the borrowed category. All other items were given to me.New: My dress, shoes, etc.Borrowed: (could also fit the old category) My future SIL loaned me her grandmother's engagement ring to wear.Blue: My engagement ring, and my wedding band were both sapphires.I did not have the sixpence in my shoe.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I am!Old- Pearl studs my parents gave me when I turned 16New- The wedding dress, etc.Borrowed- My mother's wedding veilBlue- Rhinestones on my shoe
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Old - Diamond studs.New - DressBorrowed - A high-fiveBlue - Undies
  • Old - my e-ring. It's from the 30s New - shoes, veil, dress, etc. Borrowed - my grandmother's handkerchief from my mom Blue - undies And I did have the sixpence in my shoe. Couldn't even feel it.
  • Old - my Granny's purse from the 40'sNew - Dress, shoesBorrowed - my Mom's necklaceBlue - my Mom insisted that I needed something blue, so she bought me a blue garter.
  • Old-one of my best friends moms rings borrowed for the day.  We lost her 17 years ago and I miss her dearly. I guess thats kind of my borrowed tooNew-dress etcBorrowed-the above ring and my future SILs veilBlue-garter 
  • old and borrowed: a vintage ring that belongs to my mother new: my dress blue: this is silly, but im cutting some hair off of my favorite childhood stuffed animal and taping it in my shoe - he was a blue bear.
  • I'm MOB and I reminded her of this as we were waiting to be called and turned out the MOH left bracelet in the car, and garter in dressing room. NEVER saw a man move so fast. Asked an usher to do it and I swear he teleportedBorrowed---bracelet from MOHDress--newBlue---garterOld---my grandmother's pearl earrings (now they go to DD's first married daughter
  • For the love of god, please resize your sig picture.Old - A bracelet that belonged to FI's mother.New - My dress and jeweleries.Borrowed - My underwear. Blue - There is a teeny blue bow on the inside of my garter.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • And there will be no sixpence in my shoe because I'm wearing sandals.
  • I'm so bored that I resized it for you.Put this code in your sig, but take out the stars:[IMG*]http://i33.tinypic.com/2iucg1g.jpg[/IMG*]
  • And better yet, this one is smaller.[IMG*]http://i36.tinypic.com/15rfo0k.jpg[/IMG*]
  • Old: blue handbag that my grandmother made for a family friend for her wedding in 1968, and the friend gifted to me. Also, my parent's cake topperNew: dress, shoes, jewelryBorrowed: grandmother's braceletBlue: handbag, undies  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • And seriously, your sig photo is huge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • OMG- I have been trying to resize my pic and make it work for an hour! I've been on Photobucket and all this... geez.. Thanks! lol
  • Ahhh much better.
  • You know, I meant to do this, but totally forgot the blue. I had something old (my dress), something new (my hairpiece and jewellery), something borrowed (family item- sentimental handkerchief that I carried down the aisle), but I completely forgot to add in the something blue, and only realised last week when someone else asked about this! Clearly H and I are now doomed.
  • Mine kind of came together unexpectedly, but I'll have:New: dress/shoes/pretty much everything but the old, borrowed and blue ;) Old: the pearl necklace that has been passed down from my great-grandma (I may wear as a bracelet)Borrowed: the sash from my mom's wedding dress to wrap around my bouquet (that's seriously all I can do with it - the woman was tiny!!)Blue: antique aquamarine/sapphire earrings from my other grandmother, and also an old poetry book with a blue velvet cover that we're doing a reading from
  • Wow, you guys managed! I thought it would be fun to try and find all 4 items. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards