North Carolina

Wedding location delema

My fiance and I just moved to the Charlotte area on Thanksgiving from Idaho and are looking for a location for our wedding this summer. Since we just moved and are trying to finish our house we are trying to find a cheap location but everything I am seeing is $3000 and up just for a rental. We only want to spend up to $2000 on the entire reception.  Any ideas?

Re: Wedding location delema

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For how many people do you need a space?  Are you open to an outdoor location?  Are you planning to serve alcohol?
  • edited December 2011
    It also depends on how far outside Charlotte you are willing to go! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011

Welcome to Charlotte! Have you considered a Friday or Sunday date? Most of the time, those dates are less expensive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Magnetra1Magnetra1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be having around 100 people. I'm afraid of having an outdoor wedding because of how many elderly people will be there plus both of our families are coming from Idaho and won't be adjusted to the humidity in July. I don't mind it being outside of Charlotte. Just not more than an hour or so.
  • edited December 2011

My sister did her wedding at the Mooresville Citizens Center (about 20 miles north of Charlotte) in Mooresville, NC and you are able to bring in all of your own vendors and while I am not sure on the exact room rental costs, I know it was extremely reasonable and they did an outdoor ceremony in one of the courtyards and then used one of the rooms for her reception (room provided table, chairs, table linens & chairs provided for the outdoor area).  I could ask her for more details if need be.  I know they did her entire wedding for about 5K with alcohol with ~150 people.  It's all in what you want. 

I am sure you will be able to find something great -- definately looking for a Friday or Sunday if you aren't set on a date yet would be something that would help as PP said too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also an Idaho transplant!  I moved here in 2008 in December from the Sandpoint area.

I am in the eastern part of NC so I have no suggestions as to where to have your wedding, but I wish you luck in finding a venue!
    Anniversary
  • ahjaynesahjaynes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you don't want to travel all the way to Mooresville and want to be a little closer to Charlotte, I would suggest a gem of a venue we found in Waxhaw. Absolutle beautiful & SO budget friendly!

The lady that owns this place is wonderful!

http://whippoorwillhillweddings.com/

She includes tables/linens, in season flowers, and so much more! We have planned an October wedding with her an I'm beyond excited!

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards