Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sparkler alternative for reception send-off

I love the idea of sparklers, but I'm just trying to think of alternatives: glow sticks are fun - any other ideas? I want something that will look cool in the pictures!

Re: Sparkler alternative for reception send-off

• Options
    Sparklers are gorgeous! And dangerous! My fiance's sister used them at her reception last October.  With that said, I now have a burn scar on my arm from an intoxicated guest who just laid is sparkler down on my arm.   Needless to say, I am definitely not a fan... 
  • Options
    will the venue ALLOW sparklers? check on that first.

also i'm not a fan of people waving lit things around after drinking for hours but that's just me...

• Options
    With the PP's ideas, maybe something like ribbons on a stick would be more appropriate and safe? I love the sparklers idea too, but I never thought of how things could get out of hand with drinking guests. Thats a very good point.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mmmmm....maybe I shouldn't be so bummed after all that I didnt' get a chance to use them at my reception.  It rained and I was super bummed b/c it was one of the pics that I was really looking forward too.  Thinking of the drinkers at my reception and how most of us were pretty toasted....it could've ended badly.

Like an episode of Dave Chappelle....."When Keepin It Real Goes Wrong"  lol

• Options
    A girl over on the Dallas board had guests throw Fruity Pebbles and it was SO cute. It really fit her colorful, casual, theme.
  • Options

we are doing balloons, in our wedding colors, I found the idea through google, where you leave the ribbon long enough for the to hold, but step on it near the balloon, as we get closer release your step and finally the hold so they swirl around us.  To each balloon we are attaching a note that says "I was released from Jennifer and Joseph's wedding, please email where you found me at JENANDJOE2015@YAHOO.COM" We are not expecting that many responses but I think it would be kinda cool to see if I get any. 
    I fully agree on the sparklers, my cousin had them and someone actually burnt her dress (very badly) so I ruled them out very early on.

• Options
    ohhh, love the balloon idea!

we're having a "fake" send off before the reception goes on for too long, so hopefully if we go with sparklers boozehounds won't be a problem :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards