Snarky Brides

When you need me, but don't want me...

then I will stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I will go.

That is my favorite line from Nanny McPhee. This is one children's movie that I will watch without my kids. It's actually helping me feel better today. PMS is kicking my ass!!!!

Do you have a favorite line from a movie that always catches you?
And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image

Re: When you need me, but don't want me...

• I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of bubble gum.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • "I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but its hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. Then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday"  -American Beauty
  • What the hell is this? It makes you pretty  ~Steel Magnolias
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:328ea7db-bf5a-4c1a-9323-ee11ea210a83">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but its hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. Then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday"  -American Beauty
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

That movie is so effing good. I haven't seen it in years though... cause it's on VHS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2010
    I like this thread. I have a few. 

Stepmom
    - "Look down the road to her wedding day. I'm standing in the room, alone with her, fluffing her gown, fitting her veil, telling her no bride has ever looked this beautiful. And my biggest fear is that all she'll be thinking is: I wish my mom was here."
    - "And mine is, she won't." 

Juno
    -"How do I look?"
    -"Like a new mom. Scared shitless."

Father of the Bride
    -"It was at that moment I realized what was happening. Annie was all grown up and leaving us. And something inside began to hurt."

Christmas Vacation
    -"Merry Christmas! Shitter was full!"
  • Stepmom always makes me cry!!
  • I'm good at three things: fighting, screwing, and reading the news.  Now I've already done one of those three today, what's the other going to be? (since we love Anchorman)
  • Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

Oh, damm, like, serious quotes?

It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other. - Good Will Hunting

Sex COULD kill you. Do you know what the human body goes through when you have sex? Pupils dilate, arteries constrict, core temperature rises, heart races, blood pressure skyrockets, respiration becomes rapid and shallow, the brain fires bursts of electrical impulses from nowhere to nowhere, and secretions spit out of every gland, and the muscles tense and spasm like you're lifting three times your body weight. It's violent. It's ugly. And it's messy. And if God hadn't made it UNBELIEVABLY fun, the human race would have died out eons ago. - Jennifer Morrison- House

"That's what life is. A series of rooms. and who we get stuck in those rooms with adds up to what our lives are"- House.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:f3a0224b-e971-4ec6-b5bf-29ced3b5c718">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm good at three things: fighting, screwing, and reading the news.  Now I've already done one of those three today, what's the other going to be? (since we love Anchorman)
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<3
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:ee368111-a2af-4583-8e0f-14df1115a39b">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like this thread. I have a few.  Stepmom - "Look down the road to her wedding day. I'm standing in the room, alone with her, fluffing her gown, fitting her veil, telling her no bride has ever looked this beautiful. And my biggest fear is that all she'll be thinking is: I wish my mom was here." - "And mine is, she won't."  Juno -"How do I look?" -"Like a new mom. Scared shitless." Father of the Bride -"It was at that moment I realized what was happening. Annie was all grown up and leaving us. And something inside began to hurt." Christmas Vacation -<strong>"Merry Christmas! Shitter was full!"</strong>
    Posted by stellaella[/QUOTE]
    Real nice Clark, real nice
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Looks like two pigs fighting under a blanket...Steel Magnolias

Face it ladies, I'm older and have more insurance.....Fried Green Tomatoes

I'll have what she's having....When Harry Met Sally
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • "Sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party." 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:48a31187-3de5-4fbf-aa0c-6b3b01a1b19f">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Elf!  I only know funny movies. What about this one: Actually we have a nice little Saturday planned.  We're going to go to HOme Depot and pick out some wallpaper.  Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond.  I don't know.  I don't know if w'll have enough time! And then later: It's so good! Once it hits your lips, it's so good! And then: All you gotta do is say earmuffs.  Earmuffs.  And then you can say whatever you want. Fvck, shiit, bitch. C)ck. Balls.  I'm just making a point, Frank, you dn't have to celebrate it.

<div>YES! That's awesome!</div><div>Wait.. What.. What's awesome? </div><div>You just took one in the jugular, man</div><div>You're crazy.. I like you.. but you're crazy</div><div>You got a fuckin dart in your neck.</div>
  • Jenny!!!!! Forest!!!!!!
  •  It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me...

You don't deserve them, I mean you eat carbs, for Chrissake!- The Devil wears Prada

'knock knock. who's there? Who? Who who? Helen, we've got an owl out here in the hall! Stop it Fred, you'll make her tinkle. '- Sixteen Candles

'I can't believe my grandmother just felt me up'- sixteen candles

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I carried a watermelon. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:68cd59a2-0014-4d21-baa9-82da180c0936">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When you need me, but don't want me... : YES! That's awesome! Wait.. What.. What's awesome?  You just took one in the jugular, man You're crazy.. I like you.. but you're crazy You got a fuckin dart in your neck.
    Posted by stellaella[/QUOTE]
    Bwhahaha.  Enter obligatory Graduate reference and Simon and Garfunkel
  • I am ONE stomach flu away from my goal weight.
  • When Harry met Sally:

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:a0978fd2-4b52-445d-8ae1-2e912bedc652">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am ONE stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Ha. I love this movie. FI refuses to watch it with me again, after I quoted it for the majority of the movie.

Funny, he won't watch Sixteen Candles, Saving Private Ryan, Dirty Dancing, or Elf with me because of that.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Dirty Dancing:
    Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:6dc05b07-0b8f-4a16-9cc2-ff90657c0e45">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When you need me, but don't want me... : Ha. I love this movie. FI refuses to watch it with me again, after I quoted it for the majority of the movie. Funny, he won't watch Sixteen Candles, Saving Private Ryan, Dirty Dancing, or Elf with me because of that.
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

My H won't come in the room when I am watching Steel Magnolias. His loss.
  • "Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?"
    "Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."
    Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Nani: "We need something that can defend itself. Something that won't die. Something... sturdy... you know?"
    Lilo: "Like a lobster! "
    Nani: "Lilo, Lilolo! Do we have a lobster door? No! We have a dog door! We are getting a dog!"
    Lilo and Stitch

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • YIO- Lilo & Stitch! I love that movie! I just found my old copy for DD... I can't wait to put it in for her.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • One more before bed... from Uncle Buck:

Miles: Where do you live?
    Buck: In the city.
    Miles: You have a house?
    Buck: Apartment.
    Miles: Own or rent?
    Buck: Rent.
    Miles: What do you do for a living?
    Buck: Lots of things.
    Miles: Where's your office?
    Buck: I don't have one.
    Miles: How come?
    Buck: I don't need one.
    Miles: Where's your wife?
    Buck: Don't have one.
    Buck: It's a long story.
    Miles: You have kids?
    Buck: No I don't.
    Buck: It's an even longer story.
    Miles: Are you my Dad's brother?
    Buck: What's your record for consecutive questions asked?
    Miles: 38.
    Buck: I'm your Dad's brother alright.
    Miles: You have much more hair in your nose than my Dad.
    Buck: How nice of you to notice.
    Miles: I'm a kid - that's my job.
  • I don't think Dave has ever seen Steel Magnolias. One look at the case was enough for him. I can quote that movie from beginning to end though!
    "Just WHAT is this in my Frigidaire??" "Slap her M'Lynn!"

Serious movies? All I can think of are Harry Potter ones "To the well organized mind death is but the next great adventure"
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got SM from target for $5. I watch it everytime it comes on Oxygen. Even back to back
  • "You make every day feel like kindergarten!" - Natural Born Killers

"I thought it was just an act, but you really are sweet as fucking pie aren't you?" - But I'm a Cheerleader

"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time." - Casablanca

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't look around once in a while you might miss it" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off 

And the one from When Harry Met Sally in my Sig that Jackie mentioned above.  

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:b076f56e-4fef-4478-a2ad-41ab367b64e4">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]"You make every day feel like kindergarten!" - Natural Born Killers "I thought it was just an act, but you really are sweet as fucking pie aren't you?" - But I'm a Cheerleader "Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time." - Casablanca <strong>"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't look around once in a while you might miss it" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off</strong>  And the one from When Harry Met Sally in my Sig that Jackie mentioned above.  
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

Love it.
  • slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-but-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d9c320e-73f9-4009-bc40-7569d9db8773Post:899ea0ef-ab65-47ae-8860-f168d1e2e6b0">Re: When you need me, but don't want me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I carried a watermelon. :)
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]
    <3

"These things happen ALL the time." 
    "There's croissants in the kitchen. Sorry, no pancakes this morning."
    - The House of Yes  (there are more from that one but they would require editing to meet the standards of the forums...)

"You look like a 15 year old girl but not hot."
     "TWIN DONGS."
     - Blades of Glory
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards