Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday!

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, Mariah, I LOOOVVVEEE this rain!! Keep it coming!
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only reason I don't like the rain is that people drive stupid slow because of it! Not safe slow...stupid slow! Made me late for work :/I had a meltdown last night on the way to musical rehearsal because we believed that the stickers I ordered for the favor boxes had blown away. My mom couldn't find them on the front porch(where they were delivered...on a windy day!) and I even stopped by to look for them really quickly. Nope couldn't find them. So I couldn't stop thinking how I just wasted $35 AND don't have stickers nor was I going to order more. And then 10 minutes before rehearsal started, my mom texted me and said she found them under the outlet covers. What a lot of unnecessary drama! But I could not stop crying over it for some reason. I am blaming it on PMS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to say "everyone that's helping out.  And your mom" last night but I didn't. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I slept sooo good last night. I am off tomorrow but I have to work half a day Saturday I have not worked on a weekend in over a year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My boss is wearing a shirt dress today.  It's really cute and I think she still looks professional...but I don't think it's fair at all that I'm the only one in this office who is forced to wear a suit every. single. day.  Even when there was "business casual" Fridays during the summer, I still had to wear a suit.  The only time I've ever gotten to wear business casual in the 2 years I've worked here, is last year the day after Thanksgiving.  I should just be thankful I have a job...but I'd kill for a job where I could wear business casual most days and jeans on Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoa! Mariah, what kind of company do you work for?!  That sucks!  I work in the region headquarters for my company and sit next to the VP.  He is wearing jeans today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh another one...I was on Arapaho this morning and a guy literally 50 feet in front of me spun out and completely turned his truck around facing the wrong way of traffic.  I'm positive it was by the grace of God that I wasn't closer to him because he surely would have hit me if I had been any closer.  Maybe the dude learned to slow down a little bit when going around a curve.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently wearing workout clothes, Nikes and my hair is in a ponytail.  This is how I come to work 3-4 days a week and I love it.  Except when I'm in the elevator with other girls all dressed up and then I feel like a slob.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in the region headquarters for my company and sit next to the VP. He is wearing jeans today.Tiffany, do you know of any job openings? :)  Currently I work for an investment company.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agh, I wish I could help! We have laid off like 5,000+ people in the past 6 months though and more to come. :(
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm secretly thrilled that it's raining. We're supposed to preview the play I'm doing tonight, but since it's outdoor theatre and it's supposed to be pouring all day and evening it'll probably get cancelled. I NEED A NIGHT OFF!
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got totally called out on my FB wall for not attending a baby shower on Saturday that I completely forgot about until the day of. Great. I get that her feelings are probably a little hurt, but now I feel super guilty about enjoying what I thought was a day off with my husband that day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I slept so well last night - waking up to go to boot camp was REALLY hard this morning.  And afterwards I had to rush myself to get to work because our receptionist is out, meaning I have to cover the front desk all day.  So I didn't eat breakfast, I'm cold and it's going to be a long day.Wow, that was way more of a B&M.  Woopsie.  haha
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really loving the weather. I wish I could have cancelled this stupid sub job and spend the day at home snuggling with my husband. Oh well.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving etiquette books to everyone who didn't turn in their reply cards in time. That is my gift to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH husband has baby fever, does someone mind loaning us a baby for a few days so that he can get over it? LOL I'm not even ready to think about kids yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SCBride- what about a puppy?   That usually does the trick!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well we have been talking about getting a new dog, so that might be a good idea : )We've only been married 10 days, and he's already on a kid kick... we might end up with a lot of dogs, lol. I want to finish grad school before we have kids, and well, I haven't started yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah - I have to wear a suit every day too. And if I wear a skirt, which I did alot in the summer...pantyhose!!! UGH!! The guys in our office have to wear full suits everyday as well. I wouldn't mind it so much if they paid my dry cleaning bill! I wish my legs were long enough to wear Polo Leather riding boots. I tried some on the other day at the Ralph Lauren store and they went passed my knee cap. I looked ridiculous. Here is to not even being 5 foot tall!
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The company I work for is infamous for their dress code standards.  In the early 90s everyone had to wear full suits (skirt suits for women, no pants), and the men could only take their coats off while they were at their desks.  So if they had to go to the bathroom, suit coats had to be on.  They finally starting relaxing the rules in the mid-90s, and I think that's when women could start wearing pants.  I started working here in 2007 and it was business casual, and we occasionally had jeans Fridays when we had a big contract win.  And now that we've been aquired by another company, it's jeans everyday if we feel like it.  But I spent way too much money on my nice clothes to not wear them anymore, so I only do jeans on Friday. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FMIL wants to come to the bachelorette party....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FMIL wants to come to the bachelorette party.... haha!  That's awesome!
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    loveypants---so does mine! I'm really hoping she was just kidding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got off the phone with my dad who's all the way in Wyoming.  I hate that he's so far away....
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of boots, my calves are too fat to fit into most knee high boots.  I was so glad when the slouchy boot became a trend because I could finally find some that I could wear over my calves!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked at Dillards one summer, and if we wore pants, they had to be part of a suit. If we wore skirts, we had to wear pantyhose. It was a horrible horrible catch-22, and it was just a retail job! Lovey - my own mother wants to come to my bachelorette party. She pouts about it all the time. She really can't understand how that might be awkward for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my mom has zero interest in going.  I have no idea why his mom does except that she likes everything to be about her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No one threw me a bachelorette party and I was kinda bummed : (  My mom probably would be a lot of fun at a bachelorette party, she's a LOT wilder than me. FMIL - I love her, but I can't see her at a b-party, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a fear that people on my dads side of the family are going to wear jeans to the wedding. I don't know if they have ever been to a wedding were jeans were not the preferred style of the wedding. (Most of them are from Kansas)
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amber, you can put a line on your invites saying "semi-formal attire" or something to that effect... that may hinder some of the jean types from reaching for their default outfit?
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards