North Carolina

If anyone needs help..

I am totally down with helping on projects or being a DOC for people or pet sitting - anything to help a fellow Knottie out :)

Re: If anyone needs help..

• JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    me three!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are so sweet! Anyone up for answering my phone when my FMIL calls? ;)Just kidding... sort of...
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone is interested in being a DOC on June 5 next year in Greensboro?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
    edited December 2011
    Sure! :-)
  • wendyh33wendyh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need all the help I can get!!  LOL I have DIY invites from Target that I don't really like anymore. I'm sure I will figure something out with them. No ceremony site yet. The 2 places I like won't take any reservations until Jan. 1. Is this cutting it too close to May 1? I'm stressing out!!!! Does anyone know of any cheap ceremony sites close to Maggiano's in Durham?
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! I've got a contact list of my vendors on my FI's laptop that I can send to you later on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
    edited December 2011
    Great! My email is pinkladiej @gmail.comand I would be freaking out if I was getting married in May and couldn't book a venue till January!!!!!
    edited December 2011
    but I guess on the same note- if they aren't letting ANYONE book till then, I guess you have a fair shot! and my SIL got engaged and married in about 7 weeks.... you would have never known by looking at all she did!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the reception booked and they have a backup plan, ya know, if it rains. My FI may build a pergola in my mom's backyard and we may decide to have it there. I would be able to drape nice chiffon throughout the pergola and use beautiful flowers. I would rather just go to a garden somewhere...preferably one that doesn't charge $800 for a 30 min ceremony. And I am freaking out, trust me!
    edited December 2011
    Wendy,I'd be happy to help you out too if you like! $800 is CRAZY!!!!!!I'm grew up in Durham, and might could cook up some good places for ya!.... Grace is also in Durham and could be a good help too!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll take any ideas/suggestions and help I can get. I grew up in NJ so, I'm running out of websites to look at. The 2 places I'm waiting on are the Gene Strowd Community Rose Garden in Chapel Hill and NC Botanical Gardens in Chapel Hill or Durham, I forget.
    edited December 2011
    so I take it you are looking at garden type places then....  near southpoint?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's my first choice.
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    urham Magic Wings Butterfly HouseNorth Carolina Museum of Life and ScienceMurray Avenue (take Duke St Exit off I-85)Durham, NC919-684-3698 Exotic butterflies and their tropical habitats Penny’s Bend Nature PreserveSnow Hill RoadDurham, NC919-962-0522 A native area (84 acres) featuring trails with trees and wildflowers along the Eno River. Sarah P. Duke GardensDuke University, West CampusAnderson DriveDurham, NC 27710919-684-3698 55 acres of woodland and formal gardens featuring native plants, seasonal color, camellias, roses, Asiatic trees and shrubs Witherspoon Rose Gardennear 15-501 and I-40Durham, NC 800-643-0315That's what I found on Public Gardens around Durham.
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with Grace- I was going to suggest the Museum of Life and Science too- you can rent their patio for $275 an hour or the tent space (minus the tent) for $85 an hour. It's only about a 15 min ride from there to southpoint.... and ditto on the rose garden, it's really close to southpoint, but I don't know what they charge
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are quick!! The rose garden looks beautiful. I am sending them an email now.   Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • RobinischoRobinischo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    grace_uga, if you are serious about being a DOC, email me at robinischo @ yahoo dot com.  I'm also getting married June 5 in Davidson.  My venue has a coordinator, but I'm not sure that she does everything I'll need. I feel like I'll need some help other than just her, but I don't want my or FIs family to have to do much.
    Bio needs to be updated badly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards