California-Northern

Invitations

Hi everyone!  First time posting.  I was seeing if I could get some suggestions or ideas for invitations.  I've been looking but cant really find something that I love.  I'm thinking of just making them myself, but don't really know if I want to take on such a larger project like that.  I was just wondering where other people are getting theirs made or ordered or if you have made them how labor intensive it is.  Thanks everyone!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Invitations

• sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on ordering them at weddingpaperdivas.com - that's where we got our save-the-dates and I loved those. But then my FMIL offered to make ours and that worked out well. It was pretty time intensive and materials intensive, but she really enjoys those types of projects - she is very crafty and doesn't work so she has the time.How labor intensive it will be really depends on how elaborate you want to make them. Do you have something specific in mind?
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of style are you looking for? I know Hello Lucky does some really cute invitations. For myself I wanted pocketfolds and my BM's are really crafty so we're planning on getting together for an invitation making night...or many invitation making nights : ) But it's just another excuse for us to get together and gab.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you have a Paper Source store near where you live, but that is where I went for inspiration. Also, the people who work there can pretty much look at anything you show them and tell you how to make it yourself. I made my wedding invitations and pretty much ALL my wedding stationery by going there and talking to them and buying the parts there (much nicer quality and selection than Michaels). They offer wedding invitation classes as well, which I didn't attend, but it might be worth looking into.
  • edited December 2011
    I am ordering mine on WeddingPaperDivas.com, they are really inexpensive and they look so great (I just got my mock-up this week!), plus there are TONS of different styles for you to choose from. My bro and his wife (I was a BM) made their invitations and it was a labor-intensive nightmare, but I think that would totally depend on how much time you have, how detailed they are, and how many people you have to help. Ultimately though after buying ink, and paper, and envelopes and stamps and this and that it ended up being just over the cost of the ones she originally wanted to order from another paper company... so not always worth it. Good luck with your choice!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I found an envelopments dealer to make mine, but she is not in nor cal. I thought you could find a local envelopments dealer online, but now I can't find the website...sorry. If I find it I will post it later.I would also check out esty.com Etsy is full of custom printers.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the great tips!  I just really want something simple.  Purple and white and gold.  For making them I was thinking about just a purple paper then a parchment paper with all the info on top of the purple and then gold photo corners.  I live in very northern CA like close to OR border north so I don't have many options up here.  I do like a few of the invitiation off wedding paper divas.  I have a meeting with the my wedding consultant later this week maybe she can help me with some visuals.  Thank you again everyone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my STD and invitations from Etsy. I found something similar to what I wanted and made it my own. Everything was done by hand and they weren't that pricey. I couldn't find exactly what i was looking for anywhere else. The one place I did like was wedding paper divas.Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Hilary!! we got our invites made by this small starting business here in Vallejo... but man the invites were the most talked about thing about the wedding!!! Everyone LOVED it and was amazed at how customized they were... you can email me at kltopacio@Yahoo.com if you want the contact info!!! They really customize and make things super original that it makes your invites even more special cause you're sure no one else will have the same thing!!! HTH!!
    KatluvsJohn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards