Honeymoon Discussions

Fiji

We honeymooned in Fiji Oct. 8th  - 15th. I highly recommend the Fiji islands. They are the most friendliest people I've ever met, they truly enjoy tourist and showing them around and telling about their culture. October is their winter season (they only have winter & summer) and it's the perfect time to go. It's their driest season although we had 2 rainy days (only 1 was a complete wash out but I was extremely hungover so it worked out well.)We stayed at the Wyndham's Worldmark hotel in Denarau which is on the island of Vita Levu and we couldn't ask for better service. The front desk, activity coordinators, bellhops, restaurant staff, bartenders - you name it, they were all excellent. I also believe the Wyndham has the only swim up bar on the island and claims to have the largest pool but all of the hotels look to have massive pools. Fijians also love kids so it's very kid friendly and they provide a lot of activities for them and provide babysitting services. The only thing about staying  on Denarau is that it's not sandy white beaches and clear water - you have to take boat trips to private islands for that experience but their are tons of companies that offer relatively cheap day trips to these islands. Fiji was unlike anything I've ever experienced.My only complaint is that they very much believe that you shouldn't be in a rush, to relax and enjoy yourself. This sounds great but that means sometimes services take a while (like food orders) and sometimes trips or excursions start a little earlier than expected or later because they're on 'Fiji Time' which means they'll start whenever they feel like it!It's a very long flight as well from the US. 17 hours from the East Coast with no layovers, 10 hours from the West coast but very worth it. If anyone would like to know more, see pics, or planning to visit Fiji and have questions - e-mail me @ brandyleighxx @ yahoo.com
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fiji

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards