Gothic Weddings

You people aren't around much

So how about a poll, for boredom's sake?1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white?2) Do you remember your dreams?3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle?4) What does it mean to you?5) How did you meet your SO?6) How did you/they propose?7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding?8) What do you think will change with marriage?9) What's your favorite drink?10) How is your SO like you or unlike you?

Re: You people aren't around much

• I'll play. I'm only around during the week.1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white?Color.2) Do you remember your dreams?I keep a dream journal. I track themes and try to analyze them. 3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle? Somewhat in high school, a lot in college, but to be honest, I'm a mix between emo/hippie with a touch of corp to get through social situations with ease. (if you need a laugh: http://www.blackwaterfall.com/viewall.php)4) What does it mean to you? I treasure individuality and personal convictions based on very deep feelings regarding morality, and realize those are different for every soul on earth. In a nutshell anyways.5) How did you meet your SO? I was best friends with his cousin. Not having family in this area, bf invited me to many family functions where I ran into SO. In college, bf was filming a zombie spoof, and we both volunteered to act in it. We ended up spending vast amounts of time together, and naturally started calling eachother boyfriend/girlfriend. He never actually asked me lolz6) How did you/they propose? He proposed twice, the first time I said no so I won't describe it. When I did say yes, we were on a walk with our dogs when he said something like I just can't see my life without you in it. A hige discussion followed in which we came to the conclusion it was time to get married :}7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding? The after part of being married XD the ceremony itself? my Jack Skellington apples8) What do you think will change with marriage? Hopefully nothing. I like us just how we are.9) What's your favorite drink? Non alc: Dr. Pepper. Alc: midori sour10) How is your SO like you or unlike you? We are not much alike at all, but I love that. We're both emotional types, but I do all my soul searching quietly where he is very verbal about it. He comes from a large family, and I just have a brother. He is stubborn, I am flexible. I see the big picture, he is detail oriented. I can remember any one's birthdate and he needs to be reminded several days before and usually the day of too. He cooks, I bake. We share a lot of the same hobbies so we spent an awful lot of time playing together-video games, working on our cars, walking or biking, planning trips. We are as different as we are similar.
  • I want to elaborate: "We are as different as we are similar." Mostly, we are ourselves, and in some areas we're lucky enough to overlap.Also, I hate that we can't edit. I mispelled "huge" *rolls eyes*
  • I'll answer my own questions...1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white? Always in color2) Do you remember your dreams? Most of them3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle? I'm not "goth" per se, but I've never discounted or held a particular group of people on a pedestal. 4) What does it mean to you? Individuality in general is fantastic, and expressing yourself is important. 5) How did you meet your SO? Are you ready for this generic answer? At a party. LOL. I was instantly drawn and connected to him though. 6) How did you/they propose? Well, the "real" story is a little embarrassing, so I'll just say we agreed to get married after much discussion. 7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding? I think it will be neat to have so much family and friends around me. I've never actually seen my parents in the same room together. Not that they're not friendly, just... there's no reason to be around one another. 8) What do you think will change with marriage? I don't think much will change, besides my fiance wearing and complaining about a ring (he hates jewelry...) We already live together, so it's not like we're in for any great surprises. 9) What's your favorite drink? This was an off-the-cuff question. I have no idea. Sweet tea? water? wine? 10) How is your SO like you or unlike you? We're a lot alike, in a lot of our interests. But, where I tend to be introverted he's very extroverted. He's kind, and sweet, and way too generous at times, which we both have in common. He's smarter than me, which I'm ok with, we're smart in different areas. I'm the creative one, he's the analytical one. We overlap sometimes there too. He's got a huge heart and loves children and cats, but hates dogs. I love children and cats, but I would have great danes and bull mastiffs if I could.
  • 1. Color2. Not always and I'm ok with that3. Um, high school & college. And have the bat tattoos to prove it. But I wouldn't classifly myself as 100% goth. It's just me. Take it or leave it.4. See above!5. At a bar. Very exciting huh? He was chasing after me for a while and I had no clue.6. I knew it was coming, just not when. We were getting ready to go out. I walked out of the bedroom brushing my wet hair and saw him down on one knee, with the ring box open. He said "I love you and I want you to be my wife". 7. Seeing family! And being done with planning.8. N/A9. Alcoholic: Patron Silver & Negra Modelo. Non-Alc: Sweet tea10. We're both different but with similar interests. He loves to hunt - I do not. There's too much to go into. :)
  • 1. BOTH and also that sepia color. 2. Sometimes I do, other times I have the same dream weeks apart...weird!! 3. I have always been into all things Tim Burton as long a I can remember. People think I am like ridiculous how obsessed with some things--like movies. I love having a little goth girl inside :) 4. I guess see above. Pardon my ignorance, but that's just what I think. 5. We met at a bar through my ex's brother...then reconnected on Myspace when it was cool. 6. We were down the ocean at Sunfest and it is my favorite thing and one of my favorite places and he knew that. We were walking on the boardwalk and it was literally just the two of us. Of course it was also like really windy and 11:30 at night. 7. being done with the planning, and the cake :) 8. Having my students call me my new last name and also writing it down on things. 9. Water, cherry coke, milk, pina coladas, and wallaby darns from outback. 10. He smokes, drinks, and is bald. I don't smoke, maybe drink once a month, and have hair.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white? Color for sure 2) Do you remember your dreams? Quite often. Especially right after I wake up. Then they fade. 3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle? Well in High school I was more of a cyber goth. Most people think that's an oxymoron but I like color, the brighter the better. But I also like metal music and sci fi. Now i'm more just a geek lol. 4) What does it mean to you? Just being an individual. Not being a sheep and buying all your clothes at Hollister and American Eagle... 5) How did you meet your SO? We worked at the same Wal Mart (awesome!) and he looked so much like a guy I had graduated high school with. One day he asked where I was sitting for lunch and the rest is history. 6) How did you/they propose? Please read my bio...don't make me put it here *lol* 7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding? Seeing everyone’s face when we announce it's not just a Halloween Party but also a wedding, also fireworks, cup cakes and seeing the Mr. all dressed up! 8) What do you think will change with marriage? I hope nothing. We have one guy friend who is single and we all hang out a lot. I hope he doesn’t suddenly see us as different. 9) What's your favorite drink? Non Alcoholic = Icy cold Diet Coke and Pineapple Crush that you can only get in Newfoundland (boo), Alcoholic = Beer! I like a multitude of different beers! 10) How is your SO like you or unlike you? We are very different. The Mr. is so outgoing, he'd talk to the dead! He loves horror movies, being around crowds, knows nothing about cars and everything about computers. I on the other hand talk to no one if I can help it, not a huge fan of crowds, pick horror movies apart, am anti computer and very pro car. However we both love road trips and a good ice cream cone *L*
    Photobucket
  • I just realized that #8 sounds weird. What I mean is me, our friend and the Mr. all hang out together. Not just me and the single guy friend...yipes.
    Photobucket
  • 1. Color I think 2. Sometimes when I wake up, but it somehow disappears throughout the day. It's the weirdest thing. 3. I'm not goth, but I envy those who are. I'm secretly in love with the clothes, makeup, music, etc. but my chosen career path doesn't really allow for what I want. 4. See above. 5. We were partners at work. 6. You can read an overview in my bio, but it wasn't anything fancy since we had already set a date and made downpayments. I was really just waiting on a ring before I told anyone to make him feel better.7. Our "first look" before the ceremony and then the ceremony of course.8. Not much.9. Pineapple upsidedown cake, El Nino, and Irish Carbombs10. We're both adrenaline junkies. The biggest differences between us are age (11yrs) and he's an only child (I have 5 siblings).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wait... Witchy's, you're surprising people with the wedding? Wow, that's cool!
  • Hey Ladies! Just got back from a week in Disneyland and decided to make this my first official return post! :)1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white?No idea, I rarely remember them. 2) Do you remember your dreams?Nope, lol3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle?I am not the slightest bit goth honestly (at least the traditional look associated with "goth") I have always been a quirky, twisty little human though. I call it eclectic. 4) What does it mean to you?I teach high school and goth has only one meaning in the hallowed halls of public schools - Lots of black clothes, white make up, and hard core music -  lol. 5) How did you meet your SO?In high school 12 years ago. He was dating my best friend and I was dating his. 6) How did you/they propose?One day he just looked over at me and said "Can I keep you forever?" 7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding?Dressing up and dancing! Love to dance!8) What do you think will change with marriage?It may sound cliched...but I am anticipating an even deeper and more profound connection between FI and I. 9) What's your favorite drink?Cherry limeade10) How is your SO like you or unlike you?Hard question....We're really complementary. I'm strongest where he's not and vice versa. We share a love of family, holidays, and home.
  • So how about a poll, for boredom's sake?1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white? color2) Do you remember your dreams? mostly..the worst are the ones where I'm still mad, angry, bitter at Mr.B for doing something in my dream...lololol3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle? jr.high...way back...more punk...a child of the 80s...like my skaterwear, black and anything plaid4) What does it mean to you? individuality, no prejudice or bias, treat others as I would like to be treated, I try to appreciate the uniqueness in everyone, rebellion is so much fun!5) How did you meet your SO?  at work6) How did you/they propose? there were two..the first is the OP "originial proposal" and the other was when we were expecting my ring to be delivered and I was in the shower...he was so excited to get it that he told me to get out of the shower and dry off...before I could get out he dried off my hand and slipped the ring on my finger...I looked at him through the curtain and he asked me to marry him again.7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding?  EVERYTHING...8) What do you think will change with marriage? nothing...we already live together, have kids, jobs, etc.9) What's your favorite drink? NA: cherry 7-up A: black and tan10) How is your SO like you or unlike you? we are sooo alike...we've had so many experiences alike growing up, but I love our differences, even though there aren't many. 
  • 1) Do you dream in color, or in black and white? I dream in color. 2) Do you remember your dreams? Most of the time no. 3) At what point did you take on a goth lifestyle? Teenager 4) What does it mean to you? 5) How did you meet your SO? Internet 6) How did you/they propose? On yule at my moms house it was very nice 7) What's the thing you're looking forward to the most with your wedding? Marrying my fi 8) What do you think will change with marriage? I have no idea really. 9) What's your favorite drink? Mountain Dew 10) How is your SO like you or unlike you? He's the complete opposite of me in almost every way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards