Wedding Woes

::conn::

First off, I do this in my head every time I type "conn".

Anywho.  I saw the breakup post on FB.  How was he doing last night?  We haven't had any girl issues yet, thank goodness.

Re: ::conn::

• He's fine. I think he was a little sad this morning...DH gave him a pep talk.  It was cute. 

She does not go to the same school as him (they knew each other from elementary and then she moved to a different area of the district), so at least he doesn't have to see her at school.

Last night, I was trying to be funny and get him to smile or laugh.  DH was all, "this is serious business".  ::eyeroll::   Of course, I offered the ice cream out of the gate and he turned it down.  We (me, DH, and him) all talked some more and then it was, "Can I have some ice cream now?"  LOL

I forgot they had a planned hour delay this morning, so we got him up and ready and then realized that he didn't have to go quite yet.  Ooopsie.

• How dare you try to cheer the boy up by making him laugh. You are an awful mother, conn.  :)

I'm sure he'll have a new girlfriend before you know it.
  • DH is tres sensitive, so he didn't think I was taking things as serious as I should have been. 

I was thinking "He's 12 and they 'dated' for a month and really only had one official 'date' and that was a group ice skating thing...Come on."  They both can be Mopey McMopersons when they're butthurt.

She did break-up with him via text... ::sigh:: I don't think it will be the first time. 

Oh and supposedly, she likes the kiddo's friend.  ::bigger sigh::
  • this will put hair on his chest for when he breaks up with his HS girlfriends.

poor kid.

i didn't know that 12 year olds could be so deep!
  • This is serious business Conn, no fooling aorund!

I am beting it won't be his first break up by text or the first time the girl moves on to a friend. How soon can you teach "Bros before Hos?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:58ca2440-b3f5-4606-a583-401fc63346f0Post:afcac2a1-8567-4094-9393-be4fe95f6de1">Re: ::conn::</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am beting it won't be his first break up by text or the first time the girl moves on to a friend. How soon can you teach "Bros before Hos?"
    Posted by jojobrn[/QUOTE]

DH told the kiddo that if his friend is a good friend, that he won't go out with her.   So, it's already started.

I just... ... think everyone should be 'just friends' for a few more years...like 6 years would be good.  All these emotions just complicate things.  ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:58ca2440-b3f5-4606-a583-401fc63346f0Post:a6c3434a-33c5-45af-9190-3b82eac6466c">Re: ::conn::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::conn:: :   I just... ... think everyone should be 'just friends' for a few more years...like 6 years would be good. 
    Posted by TheMrsC23[/QUOTE]

I'm totally on board with this.
  • edited February 2013
    Ditto. Once they put that bf/gf label it is doomed to fail. The clock starts ticking, stat. It's best just to stay friends.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:58ca2440-b3f5-4606-a583-401fc63346f0Post:225120e5-611a-4b05-b4f6-57117cbf8d29">Re: ::conn::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::conn:: : I'm totally on board with this.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

<div>Sister and I are in talks to build a tower to put niece and DD in. WE can just keep them away from the boys that way.  Is that not a good idea? ;)</div>
  • Let me know the address of said tower and I'll add 3 more kids to it.  The 11 yo would be a built-in babysitter!  He doesn't do diapers, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:58ca2440-b3f5-4606-a583-401fc63346f0Post:f4362ec9-195d-4602-bd5e-fa635e040513">Re: ::conn::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me know the address of said tower and I'll add 3 more kids to it.  The 11 yo would be a built-in babysitter!  He doesn't do diapers, though.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

<div>Niece is 8 1/2, so she can hep with baby watching too. Let's get them potty trained and we can make this happen.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_conn-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:58ca2440-b3f5-4606-a583-401fc63346f0Post:0c2f8770-0c3a-4e26-9b72-bd59ae599f34">Re: ::conn::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::conn:: : Niece is 8 1/2, so she can hep with baby watching too. Let's get them potty trained and we can make this happen.
    Posted by jojobrn[/QUOTE]

I'm in.
  • Teen years are hard on everyone.

I've been searching for land to build a compound.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards