Not Engaged Yet
Options

New Here

I guess I should have introduced myself before I replied to other posts, but I never do anything properly haha.I'm 21 years old, finishing up my last year of college (microbiology yay!), planning on getting certified as a medical lab scientist after that. The BF graduated college this past spring (engineering) and is spending a year in Spain working on a second degree. So far, neither of us is doing so well with the long distance thing, but we're making it work.We've talked about the future in terms of where we want to live and what we do and don't like about weddings. We've also both talked about being together for the long term, but never said the "M" word. I don't really anticipate that we'll be engaged any time soon, and it's not terribly important to me right now. But I'm entertained by these boards and just like sifting around for ideas.

Re: New Here

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the knot. You seem to be fairly realistic, so don't get sucked in by all the crazies on here. Not naming names, but you'll be able to tell. Enjoy the free entertainment!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ditto what PP said! And welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello there science girl.  Long distance is hard. Have you been out to see him in Spain yet?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I do the same thing as you somtimes.. however I spend my time in The Bump. I love to go to the "babies names" board and offer my suggestions, even though I am not pregnant and do not have any kids, lol! Sometimes it is just fun to hang out in other boards :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Baby Names board is hYlarYous. (note incorrect use of the letter Y)
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Would you have an oppurtunity to go to Spain? That would be awesome!
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could go to Spain! I've always wanted to get my wedding dress from Spain. (my mom got hers there...i'm not close with my mom, but it would be cool to get my wedding dress from Spain.)
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with the bridal fashions of spain. Are the dresses better there? I had a friend who spent a semester there and said that the fashion sense was a number of years behind and mullets were super popular.
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they are better but, I love Spanish lace. You could look at the Pronovias dresses. My mother's dress is a pronovias (back in the 80s)
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh. ok for the lace. I am not well versed in world of lace and I can honestly say I know nothing about it. I am looking at the pronovias gowns. A lot of them are gorgeous dresses. If I could travel abroad for a wedding item I would go to Slovenia for flowers. They were beautiful.
  • Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the welcomes!For all the people who asked if I've been out to Spain yet or if I'm planning to go, I have plans to go in the middle of June. I decided to go then because then he'll be done with his finals and can spend time exploring. He's in northern Spain, near the Bay of Biscay.I don't know much about Spanish fashion, though I do know what kind of dress I like...and I'm pretty stubborn, so unless I see something else absolutely perfect, I doubt I'll ever change my mind. I've been set on the same style dress since I was about 16.Also, I just want to correct a typo in my first post...I turned 22 on Sunday. I didn't do much for my birthday (had two midterms this week) so I guess I feel like it really didn't happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    planning on getting certified as a medical lab scientist after thatyay!  I'm a  Medical Technologist too, and I LOVE it!  I am totally thinking of using beakers as my centerpiece vases, when I eventually get married, that is...  :-)
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards