Moms and Maids

H1N1 vs kmmssg's family

Well!  You can all rest easy that my family is doing it's part in the H1N1 world.  We are taking up our fair share of numbers so maybe some of you won't have to!We were all together on Sunday for that glorious annual Orchard Day.  The place was beyond packed.  My one DD (my worrier) said "this place is one big Swine Flu germ bowl."  She was right.  Although I'm sure if we didn't pick it up there, we would from the kids being at school.Today's score is:DD #1 - ALL 4 of their children currently have it.  This is based on info from her Dr's office.  Basically she was told that 90 or so percent of flu cases are H1N1.  Treat it like any other case of the flu and move along.  The nurse was very sweet and very calming to my DD.DD #2 - she is home from work today with classic symptoms.  I have no doubt what she has.  Her ex SO has the kids until Sunday.  They are symptom free so far and slated for shots on Saturday.  I think it is too late for them, based on the news and the fact everyone that almost everyone they were with on Sunday has it.DS - Yup - we live across the street from the HS and he started feeling pretty bad at the end of his final class.  Couldn't make the walk home, Dad had to go get him.DS's BFF (my other son) was with us at the orchard.  He is home from school sick.2 of our neighboring school districts have closed and our HS is crawling with it.  They will close when they hit 25% absentee rate.  It was 12% on Monday.I didn't feel well last night but feel better today.  My chest is "tickly" but I've been dealing with asthma recently so not sure what it is.  I think the spirit of my hypochondriac g'mother is hanging out with me today.Sooo, sure would appreciate some vibes, prayers, or whatever you believe in when sending good thoughts.I'm not freaking out as we don't seem to have any really bad cases and I'm hoping it stays that way.My heart's biggest worry is our little Sophia.  She is symptom free right now, but only 13 mo old (but Mommy has it).  Not sure why my gut is bothered by her getting this the most.  She is very young and a petite little thing and for some reason she is my worry.  Heck - 4 out of the other 5 already have it!!Sophia and Braylon are staying with their Daddy thru Sunday, but she has been around DD all week and DD is pretty sick today.Thanks for the vibes and prayers - will be glad when this week is over!

Re: H1N1 vs kmmssg's family

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll keep you in our thoughts.  There are posts on the SW board about this--however, let me warn you that HollieHeidi's information is incorrect.   Right1ThisTime's is correct.  Read the entire thread (s) to know how I know this.  I think one is paging me, and I kept having to correct HollieHiedi.Anyway, I'm flipping out too, because of the (otherwise healthy) deaths in pregnant women and deaths in those young adults under the age of 24.  My daughter is both.  ARGH!  The nasal spray vaccine is live virus, so pregnant women are not eligible to take it.  Only the dead, injectable vaccine will be available to them.  Whenever it arrives.  Which is another issue.     
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang.  And I forgot to mention that it appears as if about 98% of those with the flu (not colds) are having H1N1.  It's so widespread now most areas are not testing.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'll be keeping Chelsea in my thoughts and sending good vibes her way. I was shopping with my gf yesterday for a friend's baby shower.  GF is also pregnant.  We are in different units'.  I "think" she told me that she already got an H1N1 thru her unit but I have to call her today and ask her.  It makes me ill to think of being with her in her car.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh kmm! I'll be keeping all of your in my prayers, buddy! ((((hugs))))) to you all~just from afar as I'm hoping to avoid H1N1. ;)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Our Lilly was tested and confirmed with H1N1.  She lives with her bio mom and was getting pretty sick.  Poor baby has pink eye and an ear infection on top of it all
  • edited December 2011
    Oh sweetie! Thinking of you, best vibes your way. None of us have anything so far. My DD was eligible for vaccine right away because she's a teacher and so far doesn't seem to really be a shortage here. maybe the winter visitors haven't really arrived yet. Me, my mom and my niece had some kind of flu but didn't bother going anywhere. Pulled an elementary school flashback and stayed in bed with soup and soft toast. Do know there are 7 cases in the jr high where my DD teaches, but nothing in the district bad enough to start closing. Best wishes....everyone take real good care of themselves!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ck - I have also joined the ranks.  DS has had pretty mild symptoms and I seem to be following his lead.  That will work for me!  Just really tired, more dizzy than usual, headache.  Nothing close to what our poor Lillly has gone thru.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards