Pennsylvania

Florist recs needed

I'm usually on the Philly board but since my venue is in easton someone suggested I check this board for some recs. I need to interview at least 3 florists before FMIL and I decide on who to use. So far I have been speaking with Whimsical Welcomes because of some great recs on previous posts. My family and I all live in the lower Montco and Bucks areas and the venue is in Easton PA. Does anyone have other recs that area not chain tpe corporate shops? I am looking for someone that can do someothing outside the box. More simple rustic elegance than the big huge centerpieces dripping with crystals you know? My FMIL also hasn't given me a budget which doesn't mean and can spend as much as I want so someone that will work with you to keep the costs down. Thanks in advance for any recs posted!

Re: Florist recs needed

• meganjane86meganjane86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackie and Daughter in Kutztown! Can't recommend her enough!! Our reception site is in Easton as well (Riverview), so it's not too far away.  She's great with working in your budget and GREAT with taking your ideas and making them even more beautiful-- check my bio for bouquet pictures!
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the riverview too! Just went tonight for our tasting and everything was yummy. I love how flexible they are so if your thinking about anything, just ask. I asked about there coffee tonight and now they will be serving Dunkin Donuts coffee at the reception!
  • starzoarstarzoar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Elysian Field Specialty Florests in Bethlehem.  They are different and I think you might like them.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our tasting already, too! It was sooo good! We asked them about setting up a backdrop for our polaroid guest book and they said it wouldn't be a problem! I'm so very excited!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Riverview!! We've contacted them a few times about tastings but they had them in the middle of the week (?) Did both of you guys plan your tastings or go to one that was set up for other couples as well/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our tasting just for the two of us-- it's hard to get them on a weekend, so we had to wait a few weeks until they had something available on a Sunday since we live in Philly now.  The food was awesome though.  TWe were worried about our vegan guests, so the chef came out and talked with us and then whipped something up on the spot that was delicious-- in fact, it's probably what I'll eat most of and I'm most definitely not vegan : )
  • edited December 2011
    That is great to hear!! I will have to call again and set up a time. I def need a vegetarian dish as well. I cant wait!
  • edited December 2011
    I second meganjane's suggestion for Jackie and Daughter Flowers. I went there on Meganjane's suggestion and am so glad I did. She is really fantasticWW She worked within my budget, really listened to what I wanted and created something that was exactly what I envisioned. She is creative and super nice!! Yay for Riverview brides!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, thanks Meganjane!!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards