Florida-West Coast

cost of your centerpieces

What are you paying for centerpieces and what do they include flower wise?

Thanks in advance

Re: cost of your centerpieces

• edited December 2011

I paid $199 per centerpiece...but they were huge!  This includes the crystal vase rental, flowers, curly willow, hanging crystals, hanging candles and votives around the centerpiece on the tables as well as setup and delivery.

I attached a picture for you to see:)

HTH!

On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    $60 per centerpiece: 8 roses, 2 hydrangeas, sweet peas, lemon leaves and curly willow
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    $30.00 per centerpiece, with no flowers.
    Includedmedium/large glass apothocary jars, shells, candles & votives.
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $25 per centerpiece for 3 cyclinder vases with rose petals and floating candles.  I'm outside for the reception so I didn't want anything crazy that could shatter on the patio.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked our venue what they use for centerpieces when they have big charity galas and fundraisers, and they showed me four beautiful centerpieces.  I chose one, and they put that one in the center of each table when they set the tables.  Cost me nothing.
  • edited December 2011
    We're paying $65 per centerpiece which includes an arrangement of green hydrangea, green fuji mums, purple statics and purple lisinathis in a 5 inch square vase that will be lined with cut limes.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's really tough to get an exact budget for florals if you're either trying to DIY or just not get hoodwinked by your florist.  :)  There are soooo many options out there and it can be really overwhelming.

My best advice to narrow down your research:

Start with your colors and season.  Do you even want flowers?  What flowers come in those colors?  Then sort those by price.  Obviously, less expensive wins, but you can always punch things up with a hit or two of the more pricey ones here and there.  Also, deeper tones photograph better.  No matter what you do, you're going to end up paying at least a little hard-earned money for centerpieces and a photographer.  Get your money's worth.

Then you have to think about your containers.  What shape are the tables?  What kind of container would complement the table shape?  Would the size of the container be proportionate to the size of the table?  How tall do you want the arrangements to be?

Also consider your venue.  Is it outside?  Is it windy?  Will they allow open flames?  Is your wedding taking place all during the daylight hours, or will it be dark at some point? 

I was all about trying to do this DIY when I first started planning, but then I realized I could give my budget and ideas to a professional who does this day in, day out and knows what works and what doesn't within that price range.  Props to all of you who did your own!

I wish you the best of luck!  I am 100% sure whatever you get will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

35. each.  Hydrangea, Delphinium, Roses, Oncidium.  They also served as ailse runners for the ceremony before the hotel staff brought them into the reception room during the cocktail hour.  I forgot to tell photographer about this so when he took photos of the tables before guests arrived, they didn't have the centerpieces yet, but no harm done, I just won't use those pictures, I have plenty of others.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the replies
    I have considered all things, I've worked on the wedding for over a year with the daughter~ with that said, the prices of centerpieces seem to vary greatly between florist for the SAME flowers, so I was wondering what flowers made yours up and the cost of each?

Thanks for the contributions
    We were just trying to compare and find the most for our buck

Do you have florist you recommend greatly?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards