Ohio-Cincinnati

Invitations

Hi everyone!  This is my first time posting on the boards, although i have been browsing through them for months!  :)  We are getting married April 2010, and i am starting to look into invitations.  Any suggestions on who to go with?  Also, did anyone go through an online company?  Thanks!!

Re: Invitations

• edited December 2011
    I think that depends on what type of invitation you're looking for, as well as your price point.  I DIY-ed mine (with help from at Etsy artist for letterpressing), but I now a lot of girls here like the ladies at Pink Ink, several women have had good luck having invitations designed by Yochi, and others have just picked some up at the Land of Oz.
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at invitations right now myself.  A couple of good sites that have been suggested on the boards in the past arewww.vistaprint.comwww.123print.comIt seems like you can get some great (and relatively inexpensive) invites from there.  Good luck!
  • mollyfayemollyfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    M. Hopple is also really good. I'm DIYing mine for the most part, but I bought most of the supplies there. It helps if you decide what exactly you're looking for like Heather said, and then that will help you decide which route to go to get them.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Yochi Designs. They are local here in Cincinnati and did a great job. Check out their website- (I am on my blackberry or I would send it to you) and you can see some recent knotties work. I also have the information in my siggy.
  • afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For inexpensive use Vistaprint.com or 123print.com
  • edited December 2011
    I second yochi!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Blustery Day Design and they were one of my most favorite vendors! They are local but you can do everything through email and then just pick up your stuff when it's all ready to go. They designed everything for me from scratch based on my ideas and my budget and i LOVED my invitations. I also ended up getting a seating chart, ceremony programs, table numbers and some other little cards for a photo display table because I was so happy with the design and the quality. They used all of the scrap paper from my stuff and made 500 monograms for me for free! www.blusterydaydesign.com A display of what they made for me is their wedding gallery on their website- they are long skinny invites with green and black demask looking design.
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't interested in spending a lot of money or time on my invitations, so I ordered online. I got catalogs from The American Wedding, Rexcraft, Invitations by Dawn, Ann's Bridal Bargains, Budget Wedding Invitations, etc. I ordered samples of the various ones I wanted to see. I got mine from Ann's and paid $177 for 125 invitations, reception cards, response cards/envelopes. I also had our return address printed on the outer envelopes, which was $25, so I could have spent less. I found the same invitation at Land of Oz, but Ann's was cheaper. I was very pleased with how they turned out, and got lots of compliments on them. Ann's will even print your outer AND inner envelopes if you send them an Excel spreadsheet of names/addresses. I didn't find this out until after I ordered, or I probably would have done it, as it only cost I think $32. My SIL used M. Hopple and her invitations were very nice, but she also spent $2200 for 125 invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Pink Ink for all of our invitations and paper needs. We went to a couple of places and they were the best in my opinion. I personally think invitations can be hard. Pink Ink makes things very simple for you. They don't have a bunch of books you need to go through... very easy and cool designs. I was very happy with them and their service (and their store is cute as can be)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards