California-Los Angeles

Cake? Check, Photographer? Close to check, Florist? Almost...

Hi Ladies! Hope the planning is going well! So far we've booked a church (St. Charles in NoHo), a reception site (Ramsey's at the Club), I've put a deposit on a beautiful dress (Enzoani - Brigham), and we've booked a bakery (Takes the Cake). Soon we'll be meeting with Craig Rucker (Photographer) to book the date. We met with him and I love his work and he was very professional. I'm still very unsure about the florist, videographer, and seamstress for the bridesmaids.I think I'll be booking Kelly Kaufman from Florette Designs. Her prices are very reasonable, but she seems fairly new so I haven't seen too much of her work. Has anyone worked with her or heard of her?The bridesmaids dresses I heard are cheaper if they're made...but I'm not sure what a good price would be. The actual dresses are $280 and that's way too much for me to ask of the girls...Videographer I'm still searching for. We're only planning on having raw video footage shot since my FI's brother is a tv film editor and has offered to edit our video for us. Any recommendations for a videographer who will shoot raw video?Thanks ladies for all the help...I don't know what I would do without the knotties...

Re: Cake? Check, Photographer? Close to check, Florist? Almost...

• edited December 2011
    We booked Joe at Todays The Day as our videographer. My brother works in video editing as well and offered to edit raw footage for us as a wedding gift.Joe's work is great and they have all great reviews on project wedding, etc. The raw footage package was around $800 or so when we booked, and he'll hand the tapes over at the end of the night! That included 1 manned and 2 unmanned cameras for the ceremony, and one manned for the reception. You should def check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Craig Rucker is my photographer too :):) I'm also getting stuck on video. My FI thinks he'd rather edit the thing himself. I'm still waiting for him to edit our vacation footage from two years ago AND the proposal video, but... I just ordered (and received) an Alfred Angelo dress online and with the coupon code paid around $140. I think the dress is normally around $200, but I'm not sure. Heard a lot of good things about Reene in woodland hills. I'm meeting with her next weekend. Using Jennifer with belle of the ball designs for my florist. VERY reasonable also, and I know she did great work at my bro's wedding. congrats on getting all that stuff done!
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Congrats on getting so far!  It feels so good to get those big checks done! I had an Enzoani dress too, mine was Damani!  It was absolutely beautiful!  Also, when I was getting it altered, Renee said that it was really well made.  (That made me feel good!) Wow!  I just looked up your dress and it is very similar to mine!  It is beautiful! 
  • KyumsterpooKyumsterpoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm...i didn't even think of looking at Alfred Angelo's for the bridesmaid dresses. I'll check it out! Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at Ramsey's too! FI and I thought it was a really nice size and we love that we get the whole area, not just one room!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards