Connecticut
Options

NWR: New Haven Area Restaurants

Tomorrow we will be booking our venue! FI parents will be coming up and it will also be the day before my birthday. We would like to go out to eat somewhere relatively close to Amarante's. My grandma lives in East Haven (about 5 min. drive from Amarante's) and she will be coming too. Looking for somewhere reasonably priced for lunch. New Haven, East Haven, Branford, etc...any ideas?? I've been googling but I figured my knotties would know! TIA!
Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: New Haven Area Restaurants

• Options
    malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Mr C's in East Haven. it's in the same plaza as Stop & Shop and the E.Haven post office (I believe - Main St.)
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are so many great restaurants in New Haven.  It really depends on what type of food you want.You could do Wooster Street area for Pizza or Italian, either Pepe's or Sallys, and Consiglio's is awesome.If you want something ethnic, there's some great Indian, Thai, Malaysian food.Zinc, Goodfellas are good "American" Restaurants.I have other suggestions too if you want.  If you didn't guess, I love New Haven Restaurants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you like to do burgers Prime 16 in New Haven is really good.  It's on Temple St closer to the green end.  Most of the burgers are around $9 bucks. They have a Maui buger, steakhouse, cowboy... and a lot of others too.  They have other menue items as well and a wide beer offering.  Every time I've been there every one loves what they get.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you like Indian food, Thali in New Haven is excellent. :-)
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if people are from out of town then pizza in new haven would be Really great and its relatively cheap! prime 16 in pp is also amazing! love their pretzel bun that you can get on teh burgers  there is eli's in branford on the hill which has some good food.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll definitely check these out- both for tomorrow and later! Any thoughts on Brazzi's? (sp?)
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    never been to brazzis but ive heard its good. Sage in new haven is nice...right on the water and not terribly expensive if you want something more upscale-ish. i say ish b/c i dont think its THAT fancy lol. i would go pepe's though. if they've never had new haven pizza its kind of a must in my mind! and definitely do Libby's for pastry after :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your replies!! I'll def. be keeping them in mind for future outings :) My mom really wanted to try out Brazzi's. It was great! Everyone loved it! We had 9 people with us and everyone's food came out at the same time and tasted fantastic! They were quite busy when we were there too. I wrote down everyone's suggestions! I didn't realize how close my FI's apartment is to new haven until yesterday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards