Not Engaged Yet

Secret Shop...

I signed up to do secret shopping through Bside's company... So far, so good!

But, I am signed up to do a registry at Sur La Table on Sunday. My question, what is a reason I would be making a registry? I'm NEY, so that would be awkward to pretend a bridal registry.

What's another reason to have a registry at a home store?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Secret Shop...

• edited December 2011

My favorite cover stories are...
    ~The bride and groom are overseas and coming home for their wedding, and you, their beloved friend, are doing their registry for them
    ~The groom is getting shipped out and the wedding needs to happen ASAP!
    ~You're having a shotgun wedding ;)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha... I love these!

BF wants to come, and says we should pretend to be engaged. I told him he has a real ring and we could be real engaged if he wanted to do that! lol Silly boys :)

I like the we are shopping for best friends overseas.
  • edited December 2011
    Could you say it's for graduation? (college, grad school, whatever)

Or even your birthday. People seem to be making registries for everything these days.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was gonna say graduating! 

Do people make registries for moving into their first house? That may be a dumb question. Haha.
    Other than that.... no idea.

• csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I signed up too, but I feel like a major letdown because I haven't gone on any. With my aunt being sick in hospice and trying to visit her and my mom as much as possible, it just hasn't been feasible :( Sorry bside, and sorry to your coworker. I swear I will get more involved with this soon!

I like the shopping for friends overseas idea best :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_secret-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:940cb2b6-1b9e-45db-b9f3-6c0caea3e7f4Post:b93c8c82-079d-4901-a87b-d9123e9ffdf5">Re: Secret Shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I signed up with Bside's company too, but the closest shops they've offered are over an hour away.  I'm jealous you get to do one!
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

I've done 2 already (H&M and a movie), and have 4 this Sunday (Coach, Fossil, Sur la Table an then a movie).
  • edited December 2011
    Say you are surprising your BFF with a bridal shower registry! (I wish mine would do this)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_secret-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:940cb2b6-1b9e-45db-b9f3-6c0caea3e7f4Post:b93c8c82-079d-4901-a87b-d9123e9ffdf5">Re: Secret Shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I signed up with Bside's company too, but the closest shops they've offered are over an hour away.  I'm jealous you get to do one!
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

Sun!!! Why didn't you tell me?! I had like THREE shops in your town I needed filled last week! I didn't know you were signed up. I'm the scheduler for Alabama, you should have let me know! I'll hook you up!

csousa - don't worry about it, you're not penalized for not being able to do shops, only if you sign up for them and then just don't do them (without telling anyone you're not going to do them)

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This Secret Shop thing is very intriguing. I've never heard of it!!

As for why you would be making a registry, there's plenty of BSC NEY posters in the past that have made them without being engaged, I'm sure :p
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_secret-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:940cb2b6-1b9e-45db-b9f3-6c0caea3e7f4Post:b483e766-9605-42bb-9128-afe17a5848e4">Re: Secret Shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This Secret Shop thing is very intriguing. I've never heard of it!!
    Posted by alanna91[/QUOTE]

Secret shopping is when you go to a store and pretend to be a customer, but you're really testing the store on their policies, procedures, customer service, etc. Then you report back to the secret shopping company, usually by filling out a survey, which in turn gets sent back to the store to tell them how they did.

That's pretty much the long and short of it.

• alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_secret-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:940cb2b6-1b9e-45db-b9f3-6c0caea3e7f4Post:2bc8615e-e0cf-44ba-922a-cc9e3eefd6f5">Re: Secret Shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secret Shop... : Secret shopping is when you go to a store and pretend to be a customer, but you're really testing the store on their policies, procedures, customer service, etc. Then you report back to the secret shopping company, usually by filling out a survey, which in turn gets sent back to the store to tell them how they did. That's pretty much the long and short of it.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Muahaha that's so secretive and awesome.
    White Knot
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Bside -- would you be able to PM me info on doing something like this also??

• edited December 2011
    rdr & Liv - YGPM!

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd love to be a mystery shopper! We have them come in all the time in my company and we shop our competitors too. It would be fun to be on the other side.

I'd love to get in on it if you'll send the info bside!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm one of the lame ones.  I've had ridic hours so even though I signed up, none of the shops have been within my schedule capabilities.  And apparently my schedule is about to get more ridiculous :(
    I french with my man
  • edited December 2011
    Sure, Ollie - YGPM too!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Bside, YGPM back!

• elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds really cool! Would you mind sending me some info too please? : )
    -Ely

• edited December 2011
    Say it's for a housewarming party!!
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome- B-Side can you send me the info? 

CCO- you could be doing a house warming registry. I think doing them for reals is tacky, but for pretends, it would be fun to imagine all the cool stuff you could have :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bside - YGPM Back!

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    BSide - I had a question before about this, and it slipped my mind. Do you have to buy something at the stores? I know you had mentioned Coach, etc being something in my area, but I can't afford to actually go in and buy something... That's pretty much been the thing holding me back from signing up.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    I am doing one on Monday! The others they've given me have been too far away. 
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you need anyone in the Kansas City area?
  • edited December 2011
    lennon - YGPM!

Sop - Coach is what we call a "purchase/return" shop. You do have to buy something, but you can return it if you want (we do this because we know Coach is pricey and we don't reimburse for that shop). So you go in there, buy like a $50 wallet or something and then return it a half hour later.

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh, that makes sense. :) Thanks BSide!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_secret-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:940cb2b6-1b9e-45db-b9f3-6c0caea3e7f4Post:c310ee82-26fc-451a-a84c-1ef1525bf0ea">Re: Secret Shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]BSide - I had a question before about this, and it slipped my mind. Do you have to buy something at the stores? I know you had mentioned Coach, etc being something in my area, but I can't afford to actually go in and buy something... That's pretty much been the thing holding me back from signing up.
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm also curious about this, I've always wanted to do secret shopping but I wasn't sure if you actually do need to purchase an item.</div><div>
    </div><div>Edit - this was answered while I was typing :)</div>
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    About 99% of our shops require a purchase, and we reimburse up to a predetermined amount. The reason we ask you to buy something is so that you can evaluate the cashier's skills (were they wearing a name tag and in uniform? Did they smile and say thank you? Did they greet you kindly?), and it acts as proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you were at the right store at the right time on the right date, because all receipts are time stamped.

CCO I am SO sorry this turned into a threadjack!!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not worried about it Bside! :) I got my answer and I'm glad other people are getting in on the fun now too!
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Bside: Could I get some info on this too, please?
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards