Ohio-Cincinnati

Candy bar question

Ok, so I know for sure I am doing a Candy Bar for our favors... BUT, what I can't decide is if I want it to be all in our colors (blue and brown), or if I want to just do it in mixed colors...I know that it would look good in our colors, but I think the idea of just buying candy and not having to worry about colors.  Plus, we can just go to Sam's or GFS and buy the candy and not have to worry about S&H.  We are def. worried about budget and I THINK it might be cheaper to do the mixture of colors... Thoughts ladies?TIA
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Candy bar question

• DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It gets expensive trying to buy according to color. I like the idea of mixing it up. Go for it!
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    That's what I was thinking... I really like the idea of doing our colors, but I have to think about budget, so I think I am going to give this one to my mother lol... I can still have the fun of my candy bar and save the money too!
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    edited December 2011
    What about using blue tinted glass for some or all of the candy containers? Then you could accent with some brown ribbons or something. That might obscure the view of the candy though, but it's something to think about.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    edited December 2011
    I skipped the special colors since most of the candy my dh requested was not in our color scheme. I think most of our guests wouldnt have realized that we went through the effort of having specific colors. You might want to try Minges downtown if you do. Most of their candy is bagged by color.
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks kelklump...but I think that I'm going to just go with mixed colors that way we can have more of a selection... As for the colored jars, good idea but I think your right that it might take away from the candy. BUT, I like your colored ribbon idea so I have my jars already, but I think I'll just add ribbon to spice it up. Thanks ladies, your all wonderful...
  • edited December 2011
    go with mixed colors. That's what we had and it looked fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards