Hawaii

Summer Heat Question

Hi ladies, I saw the post about the summer heat. I'm getting married in July (due to all the teachers in the family). One question I had... my parents live there and I never remember it being too hot. 85 at max. Is it different on other islands other than Oahu? You got me all nervous now!

Re: Summer Heat Question

• edited December 2011
    i think while i was home in august it was 85-90. BUT it was humid as shizz. i went to do a site visit at Lani (early Aug, i think) and at 10am walking around outside it was pretty hot. it's really the humidity that kills ya.
  • JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with PP. It's humid and muggy in the summer. But if you happen to get some trades then it should be fine. Though they are few and far between. 
  • burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. I'll be up at the north shore... so let's hope there is some winds!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was me that asked about it. I saw a post on another board from someone who'd been to a wedding on a beach in Mexico and melted, and it got me to worrying. Since then, I've thought and talked about it. First, when we were in Maui last year in August it was hot, but on the beach it's windy! That should help. Plus, our wedding is pretty informal, so I tend to ppl won't be all fancied up in hot clothes. Lastly, we're doing a short ceremony, so ppl won't need to stand around in the sun too terribly long. Bottom line - it's not worth worrying about. Our date is finalized, so I'm just gonna go with it.
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up on Oahu and wore jeans and sweaters all the time.  I went away to college on the mainland and lived there 8 years.  Now I am back and I am H.O.T.  I'm not sure if it's global warming or just the lack of tradewinds, but even in late October, it seems hotter than usual this year.  Maybe it's El Nino or something...I hope next year is cooler!
  • edited December 2011
    It's all about those trade winds. We were on the water, and still melted because the winds died off after the ceremony. Bah.
  • JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamie I am so with you there! I was melting today! It was sooo hot! I can' wait for the tradewinds to be back!
  • edited December 2011
    we got married in october this year... and literally the day before we got there the tradewinds stopped blowing. It was 80 deg and 25 % humidity ( the minute you walked outside your shirt was soaked). The church was so worried about me passing out that they had all sorts of fans blowing and a cooler full of water stashed under the pue.
  • sarahestsarahest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to wear jeans all the time here too before I went to college!! Now I'm back home wedding planning, and these last couple of weeks have been sooo humid and I can't believe I ever wore a sweater here at all. Honestly this October feels way worse than the summer months I was here. :/ Hopefully the tradewinds will be on your side!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards