Massachusetts-Boston

Going MIA

Hey girls - I know it's only Monday, but I don't think I'll be able to make it on for the rest of the week before the wedding because of appointments and what not. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your advice, humor, and friendship. I wouldn't have made it through this experience without your help and kind words. Unfortunately, it looks like my wedding is going to rained out (that makes 3 for 3 for me, my shower and bachelorette got rained out as well). I'm more than disappointed, but I need to stop crying about it and figure out a solid rain plan. We've got a couple days before we leave for the honeymoon, so I'll try to hop on post-wedding and post some pics if I have any! Thanks again, everyone! :)

Re: Going MIA

• edited December 2011
    GL!!! Your day will be amazing rain or no rain!!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!!
    TTD imageMy Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'll cross my fingers for no rain.... Have SO much fun!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed--your wedding will be fantastic, rain or otherwise. Just think how cozy that gorgeous mansion will be on a blustery New England fall day! Congrats, good luck, and thank YOU for inspiring all of us with your creativity! Have a wonderful wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck! It's going to turn out amazing! Can't wait for pictures :)
  • edited December 2011
    GL! And we will definately miss you. Your wedding is going ot be amazing rain or shine but I will be hoping for good weather for you. This far out the weather predictions will most likely change! Have a great time!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Erilou...I am pretty sure your wedding will go down in HISTORY whether it rains or not. I hope you have an amazing day, and I cannot wait to see the pics! We will miss you this week
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica, I wish you all the best for a wonderful wedding. Rain or shine, you have put so much work into your day that it'll be awesome no matter what. You've been a creative inspiration to many of us and I know I'm not the first or the last to say I can't wait to see pictures!! Cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    All the best to you!  Amazing weddings are still amazing no matter the weather, so focus on the things you can control and let nature do what it may.  Have a great week and enjoy the big day!!
  • jesslajessla member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You never know about the rain!  Everyone said it would rain on my wedding day... and it ended up being sunny all day!  You never know in New England!  Hopefully it'll work out the same for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Jessla - I only hope I have the same luck. Otherwise I'll just get upset every time I see our pictures for the next 50 years... ugh... sorry - I'm a little gray storm cloud myself lately!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry about the rain! Really! I've seen some gorgeous rainy day images from your photographer.  Also, rain does kinda fit into your theme.  I think the planets are completely aligned for an awesome wedding.  Can't wait to hear all about it!
  • hapark11hapark11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be fantastic, no matter what the weather decides to do.  Your guests are going to be awed by everything, just as we have been.  Fingers crossed for good weather, though.  Have so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Have a wonderful day Erica! Please don't let the weather ruin your day. It poured on my wedding day. Unfortunatly, I let it get to me. So, now I'll always remember that 5 minute period of time after the ceremony when it hit me that the garden picutres I had been dreaming of were not going to happen. Don't be like me! Enjoy whatever the day brings! You wedding will be fantastic no matter what and I can't wait to see pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Erica! have so, so, so much fun! I hope it doesn't rain for you, but I love the idea of a cozy, slightly spooky halloween wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    And if anyone can pull off rain, it's erilouboston :)
  • edited December 2011
    Good Luck! Like everyone else said your day will be fantastic rain or no rain!!!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    Hey--I was a rainy day bride too. :)  It's not so bad!The rain let up and we took our formals outdoors, so even if rain is forecast you can probably find a pause in the storm to snap some pictures.  Plus the soft lighting from cloudy days looks great in photos.Moreover, forecasts are crummy a week out.  Keep your chin up!  You will have a fabulous day!
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding will be amazing and unforgettable whether or not it rains, so just enjoy it. Make sure to take the time to take a moment for yourself during the reception to just breathe, look around, and take in everything: decor, guests, food, smiles... Can't wait to see the photos!!!  Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Rain or shine your wedding is going to be awesome!!! :o)
  • edited December 2011
    You're going to have an amazing time!!! Have fun and congrats!!!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Best wishes! Your wedding is going to be amazing! Make sure you come back with pictures! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Enjoy your big day! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing projects with us! I can't wait to see how it all comes together! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck and try not to worry about rain. It was supposed to rain all day on my wedding day, but it didn't and we had beautiful pictures outside! I hope everything goes smoothly! Come back with lots of pics!
  • edited December 2011
    You'll have a great time regardless of the weather!  Hope everything goes well!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • MDalto421MDalto421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best of luck with everything! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards