California-Inland Empire

RSVP cards

So i finally started my invitations, they're semi-do it yourself, I bought the BRIDES kit from Michael's but have added a few personalized items in them, they're turning out very cute. I finished the invitation part and now need to move on to the inserts. On the RSVP insert....What did yours say? I just need to know how many ppl are coming not what type of meal they prefer since we are having buffet style catering.Also, I don't want to reserve 5 spots for a family of 5 and have more pple show up, so how do I let them know how many spaces have been reserved without sounding tacky???Thanks a bunch girls!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: RSVP cards

• edited December 2011
    Also, I don't want to reserve 5 spots for a family of 5 and have more pple show up, so how do I let them know how many spaces have been reserved without sounding tacky???You can list their names or put The Blank Family.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Our RSVP cards said something like:The honor of your presence is requested on Saturday May 2ndPlease respond by April 17th__ Will attend__ Unable to attendWhat we did to avoid extra guests or people writing in a larger number as well was to be specific in how we worded the envelope. So we would address it as Mr. and Mrs. Smith or Mr. John Smith and guest. We still had people call and ask if they could bring extra people and though it was hard to say no we just explained that we only had so many seats and we were already maxed but we would let them know if anyone had backed out.
  • edited December 2011
    I put a line for Yes or No on attendance then under that I asked how many adults would show & kids (kids had different meals in my case).  A rough example is below.  I added extra wording to mine than just that._____  Yes_____  No _____  # of adults_____  # of kids
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, I'm glad I now have an idea on how to word them.
  • edited December 2011
    We were worried about the same issue, so on the 'inner envelope' we listed all the people in the family that were invited to the wedding... The r.s.v.p said: We look forward to celebrating with you! Please respond by October 27th, 2009Name(s)_____________            _____________            _____________number of adults attending ___number of children attending ___We'll help you make your day complete ___Sorry we're unable to attend ___
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks cm how did you word the Spanish ones?
  • edited December 2011
    No prob! I have those at home... but it said something like... Por favor confirme su attendencia antes de 27 de octubre de 2009.Hemos reservado __ en su honor:# de adultos __# de ninos __ Si __No__For the spanish invites, I listed our phone numbers so they could have the option of calling to.  Not sure if I spelled everything right, just remember this is roughly what was said on there. :) HTH!
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it had the Reply by date and then it just had a box:___ will attend___ Will not attend but send our bestI liked my cousins idea she did blank seats have been reserved for your family. Which was nice and saved her the whole thing of having people RSVP with grown children who wernt even living at home (which yes I had that issue) If you put how many seats have been reserved for the family you save the problem of not having people call and ask well is so and so invited. Also dont forget to put something on the back of the RSVP card so if they dont write their name you still know who it is since I had that issue as well
  • edited December 2011
    Good one San!  I numbered all my return envelopes and RSVP cards so when I go them back if anyone forgot to write their name I could look at my handy dandy spread sheet and know who it was.  I #'d both just in case the RSVP card's # rubbed off or tore.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I've also seen people put "We have reserved ___ seats in your honor"then _____will attend _____Can't make it(or whatever you want those to say lol)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, Thanks to you all, I wrote them up last night, now to just print them and put them in my invites! I'm getting excited now that I am actually working on wedding stuff
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, so many great ideas!! I haven't done mine yet, but I am definately going to make a note of all these ideas because I will also have a this question & my own set of "spanish" RSVP's to make... Thanks ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards