Kansas

Moving to Wichita and starting over

So to be short i just accepted a job in wichita last week and we are moveing next weekend. Well i gave up job hunting in aug because we decided to get married next oct (2013) and this job came up and i took it. Well it got a cermoney and reception site dress shop and a photographer and possible place to cater. So now we are moveing and i have to start over with all that. To top it off no one parents family friends bridal party no one lives in kansas. Thankfully we are just 5 hours away from friends in Missouri that i currently liveing so brides maids and groomsmen are closeish. 

So what i really need to ask yall is any suggestions or anything would be great. We want an outdoor wedding, the place we had picked out in missouri had a barn so something like that. Outdoory rustic fall fun kinda place were we can take advantage of the fall leaves. Please no churches we are not church people. Any help would be great we have never been to wichita but for my interview and have no clue whats there. I have been trying to look up places but with moving tasks its hard to do both. And i just havent found anything that just feels right. 

Please any suggestions or just this place is nice, check this out would be wonderful and helpful. 

Re: Moving to Wichita and starting over

• I haven't lived in Wichita in a long time, but they used to have a really nice botanical gardens and you also might check out Eberly Farms.  I do know an amazing photographer from there if you need one!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kansas_moving-to-wichita-and-starting-over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:92Discussion:1b621a45-ebe3-4a9f-80bf-203623fc8741Post:02034312-34a1-4b35-b1a0-c168e8645e19">Moving to Wichita and starting over</a>:
    [QUOTE]So to be short i just accepted a job in wichita last week and we are moveing next weekend. Well i gave up job hunting in aug because we decided to get married next oct (2013) and this job came up and i took it. Well it got a cermoney and reception site dress shop and a photographer and possible place to cater. So now we are moveing and i have to start over with all that. To top it off no one parents family friends bridal party no one lives in kansas. Thankfully we are just 5 hours away from friends in Missouri that i currently liveing so brides maids and groomsmen are closeish.    So what i really need to ask yall is any suggestions or anything would be great. We want an outdoor wedding, the place we had picked out in missouri had a barn so something like that. Outdoory rustic fall fun kinda place were we can take advantage of the fall leaves. Please no churches we are not church people. Any help would be great we have never been to wichita but for my interview and have no clue whats there. I have been trying to look up places but with moving tasks its hard to do both. And i just havent found anything that just feels right.  Please any suggestions or just this place is nice, check this out would be wonderful and helpful. 
    Posted by kelleywill[/QUOTE]
  • I am checking out eberly farms they have an open house there on the 18th of next month. I'm going to go it looks like a good place. And they do food drinks some set up and tear down which is great because all my family is coming in out of town. Its been three weeks and am ready to start at this planning again. We are settled and unplacked and its just time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards