Not Engaged Yet

Are you kidding me?!

So today I was let go from my job.  Two days ago(we weren't open yesterday) I got sick and threw up while at work.  About ten minutes after, I felt like I was going to again so I went to the bathroom. I didn't get sick again, but was extremely light headed. I did my best to try and keep working, although it was hard and my manager told me to go home. I went home and when I went into work today, he let me go. Did I just get fired for throwing up at work? How stupid is that?! I'm beyond pissed, but there is not much I can do about it... except find another job.

I called the gallery that just opened  by my house to follow up on my application. She wants to hire me, but can't unless business picks up. She knows that I paint and said that she pretty much has done all of her buying, but she would be more than happy to take a look at my paintings. I usually paint with acrylics, but she says she has no oil paintings, but (basically) she would like some. So I am thinking I might try out oils and show her my work and see where it goes from there. She also might be able to direct me to someone who is looking.

I just hope I find something soon and I also hope that she likes my art and would like to buy.
BF is frustrated, but that's understandable. I'm frustrated too, but he says it will all work out. I really hope so.
Frown This has not been a good day today.  BF tried to cheer me up..he told me I could take his debit card and go buy stuff(probably mostly bras because he doesn't like to go bra shopping with me and he especially didn't want to go today. lol). Usually shopping makes me happy, but I'm just not in the mood.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: Are you kidding me?!

• edited December 2011
    They didn't give you any explaination as to why they were letting you go? Sounds pretty fishy to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was only my 4th day on wednesday. I was doing training and helping customers. He didn't give me a reason. All he said was  that it wasn't working out and that I could go.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry.  Good luck finding something.
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks. Good luck with the painting thing. I hope you find something soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    that's really crappy! i'm sorry you lost your job! hopefully you can find something soon!
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you are able to find something soon.

I know how frustrating trying to find a job is.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm sorry midnite Undecided

good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man I'm sorry, that really sucks.  Are you feeling better now?  What kind of job was it?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been feeling better on and off. But I am feeling better today. It was a wireless consultant/sales associate job.
  • edited December 2011
    That's definitely sucky! The art gallery job would be cool though, and maybe even if that place can't hire you, they could give you some good contacts. 
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards