Wedding Etiquette Forum

Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

• MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Sure, Adamar, we've got a guest room!  We'll just make sure to give you a fan.  Air circulation helps out a lot.

ETA:  It's still pretty humid.  We are right on the ocean.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:0e4be3c9-dc0a-42a4-a7c4-a01354fd80aa">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : That's crazy! It seems so foreign to me. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>
    I mean I've had window units, but yeah, no real AC since I moved out of the dorms. And I lived in hot places, Florida and DC, I just usually ended up in older buildings. I'm actually really surprised I was able to find somewhere with AC this time around. I was fully expecting to live with more window units.</div>
  • So, I was looking through Modcloth's Be the Buyer responses, and found a response to this dress that was hysterical: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/sample-1363

"I skipped - but only because I wasn't planning on going as anyone from The Hunger Games to any upcoming parties. "

And no, that wasn't me. haha
  • Ah, window units help some. I was picturing none at all for six years. In Spain this summer I went without AC for 5 weeks and it felt like toture trying to get to sleep. I couldn't imagine doing that for 6 years. 
  • My car was dark blue w/o AC. I can understand cars without AC if the area doesn't require it, but this area requires it. Not as bad as Florida but it still gets hot often enough.
  • We don't have AC, which is really weird because they are brand new townhouses.  We have massive windows with southern exposure too, so it's a bit roasty in the summer time, but amazing in the winter.  We also live by the train, so keeping windows open really is not cool. 

It doesn't get that hot up here usually.  The occasional day near 100, but mostly mid 80's in the summer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first two apartments in Los Angeles did not have central air. Summertime sucked. I wouldnt consider buying a car without ac, even when I lived in northern California. In the San Francisco area, most houses and many apartments do not have central air.
  • We had central air in our house in Cleveland, but never used it. We had a huge exhaust fan in the upstairs window that would draw the cool air in over night and make it comfortable in the house. It was nice.
  • Adamar, if you hate heat, you should come on over to Sweden.  Our average is about 75 (if we're lucky) in the summer.
  • That sounds lovely, Snippy.  That's pretty much the perfect temperature.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:edcb2a4c-31e8-489b-8adf-02cbf0fdec28">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, window units help some. I was picturing none at all for six years. In Spain this summer I went without AC for 5 weeks and it felt like toture trying to get to sleep. I couldn't imagine doing that for 6 years. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sleeping was still torture. My H and I spent most of last summer sleeping on the pull out couch with no blankets and two fans pointed at us because we didn't have a unit in the bedroom. It was pretty miserable. 

</div>
  • Snips that's funny.
  • My first car would stall out if you ran the air conditioner and stopped at a stop sign.  In Tampa Bay. 

It was ...awesome.  And by awesome I mean horrible. 
  • Our A/C was broken for a summer or two growing up in Cincinnati.  It was awful trying to sleep.  You were just so hot and sweaty.  Cincy's summer weather is: hot and humid, afternoon thunderstorm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:ca6eee03-3380-45de-990a-ec8a537ec3e9">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My first car would stall out if you ran the air conditioner and stopped at a stop sign.  In Tampa Bay.  It was ...awesome.  And by awesome I mean horrible. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

In my first car the radio would go out if you used the windshield wiper fluid.  Also, the turn signal wouldn't turn off by itself if the temperature outside was less than 70 degrees. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:1771d505-0528-4655-b5db-ef7bd652b0d6">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our A/C was broken for a summer or two growing up in Cincinnati.  It was awful trying to sleep.  You were just so hot and sweaty. <strong> Cincy's summer weather is: hot and humid, afternoon thunderstorm.
    </strong>Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

True facts.
  • We suffered through one Italian summer without AC. Never.ever.again.  Next spring, we bought an AC.  It was totally weird though. You had to stick this tube out of the window, and the window had to be kept open (defeat the purpose much?) so, instead of keeping the window open, we bagged and taped it, ghetto style.  It was SO LOUD that we stopped watching TV because we couldn't hear it.

Ahh... those were the days.
  • None of my cars before my current car had AC. It was pretty miserable in August, but I would be far more concerned if my car didn't have heat. It's a luxury to have AC. ;) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:31a223e8-4770-4b20-be19-41b31c721a5a">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : True facts.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Although I do miss the sunshine until 9:30/10:00 at night.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:c16f353d-c00e-4401-be18-98785f918f85">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I bought my car last year (CR-V), I looked at a three year old car, but the price difference wasn't too big between a new and used one.  Plus that really nice 0.9% APR on the new car.  I just went with the new one.  We also went to the dealer that doesn't haggle.  What you see is what you get. I liked that.  Matt bought his car there, too, a few years ago.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

How does it do with gas? That's the car i'm thinking about getting in a couple years.
  • Snippy, I had a roommate who bought an A/C like that.  It was lousy.  H and I bought one this year; our last apartment had central air.  I miss that.  But not the apartment.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I didn't even know they sold those in the US, Bay!
  • Yep.  It was huge.  I don't know why he didn't just buy a window AC unit.  He said it was because he wanted to be able to move it from the living room to the bedroom.  So dumb.  It was 10 times bigger than a regular A/C window unit, and he gave up moving it from room to room after about two days.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• My host family in spain had a wall unit in their living room. Other than that I just slept with my window open. Luckily it was Spring when I was there, so it still got cool at night.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:0e182ba2-6a42-4dde-8a28-41457c6f972a">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : Although I do miss the sunshine until 9:30/10:00 at night.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

YES. At least I only have to wait for the season to change. :)
  • edited January 2012
    As much as I love summer, I hate central AC. I feel like there is never a good balance. It always ends up too cold.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:ef315159-546a-466b-b418-8ee55fd3f58e">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As much as I love summer, I hate central AC. I feel like there is never a good balance. It always ends up too cold.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My parent's house was built in 1893 and it's always the perfect temperature. The thick walls and big trees surrounding the house makes it always cool in the summer and toasty in the winter.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:ba330ab8-0fd8-43b3-bce2-be052538c730">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : My parent's house was built in 1893 and it's always the perfect temperature. The thick walls and big trees surrounding the house makes it always cool in the summer and toasty in the winter.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Gosh that sounds wonderful! Our house is a tri level and there's never a good balance.
  • I should go to the gym after work right?

I am going to go look at pinterest to motivate me to go to work out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:b525020e-cba8-41ab-90e4-65f79e782f49">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : In my first car the radio would go out if you used the windshield wiper fluid.  Also, the turn signal wouldn't turn off by itself if the temperature outside was less than 70 degrees. 
    Posted by LaurenHH[/QUOTE]

...did you buy my first car from me?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards