Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals- Grand St. Lucia- rec's wanted

Has anyone been?  Any reviews?

Re: Sandals- Grand St. Lucia- rec's wanted

• There's a ton of reviews on Trip Advisor: [url]http://tinyurl.com/ykujsld[/url]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loved it and can't wait to go back.My review is at the bottom of my siggy pic. Should you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • Me too we had a blast and loved every minute of it. We had a great room with a great view and could not have asked for a better HM.
  • This is what I just sent to another bride...we just got back from the Sandals Grande and LOVED It! We actually booked a trip to the Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica for next year with 2 other couples before we left. They have shuttles almost every hour on the hour that take you between the three resorts. The Regency is about 30-40 minutes from the Grande and the Halcyon is about 10-15 minutes from the Grande. I would definitely not stay at the The Halcyon. I believe it's the oldest and smallest resort...although they did have one of the best restaurants there (The Pier) so you want to go to that one night. We actually met up with a couple who golfed at the Regency one day. It's a VERY difficult course but her husband loved it. A couple guys we met also golfed at a local country club (they have a bus that picked them up at the Grande in the morning) that they said was very nice. The Regency was really nice, but much more spread out, so it's a lot of walking to get around the resort. The Grande definitely had the best beach, since it's in the bay. You can dine at all the restaurants at every Sandals on the island, so you have a choice of a ton of food every night and day. We stayed for 10 nights (Thurs-Sunday) and stayed in a Honeymoon Beachfront Concierge Room. Unless you plan on spending a ton of time in your room, which we didn't, the concierge level is not worth the money. You basically get liquor and beer in your room and 24 hour roomservice included. We barely drank anything out of the booze in the room because we were outside with people every day. The room service was definitely a plus, but in the regular rooms you get continental breakfast in your room that is included and can go to any of the restaurants and bring food to your room anyway. We did the zip lining excursion through sandals which was PHENOMENAL!! We didn't want to do any other tours through sandals since I had read a ton of great reviews on trip advisor for locals that ran some excursions and they were much cheaper. We did the Oceans Angel tour for $110 per person, which took you by boat and car around the island. We went snorkeling in between the Pitons, went to the drive thru volcano, bathed in the warm volcanic baths and had lunch at their moms house which was the best food I've ever had. Friends of ours also did the Simon Says Tour which was also phenomenal. They are locals who solicit on the beach. Just need to be careful who you book with. Oceans Angel (run by John, Brad Pitt and Harrod) as well as Simon Says are fantastic!! Up in Gros Islet (5 minutes from the Sandals Grande) has a friday night street party every week from 6pm-6am. Food, drinks, music, dancing. Definitely worth going to. I'm a lot more comfortable in unfamiliar places than my husband, so if you're more like him, just go with some other couples and you'll be fine. Lots of tourists go. If you want any other info, just let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards